1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can Pete Carroll succeed as head coach of the 49ers?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PatsFan, Jan 6, 2005.

1. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

It is rumored that Pete Carroll will be considered to replace Erickson in San Francisco. While I applaud Pete Carroll's back to back national championships with USC and his success as a 49ers assistant in the past, he has failed miserably twice as a head coach in the NFL with the Jets and with the Patriots. I don't think he is well suited for that position with the NFL

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I agree, I think Pete Carroll has found his place in college and should stick with that. He has it made as the coach there of USC, and should not consider leaving for any position. And come on, the 49ers future is not very promising. Even a top notch NFL coach would have problems there for a few years. Stay at USC Pete!

3. td

td New Member

Mute question. Not leaving USC.

4. dp

dp Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    moot...

5. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Moot, indeed. I think he's making the right decision.

6. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul Pasqualoni is looking for work. The question might be moot, but the answer will be mute. The 49ers won't be the last vacancy in the NFL this year.

7. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No; not if he ain't there.

8. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bad as the ownership has let the 49ers slip, they're gonna hafta have a lot more than a new coach. To GET a team to the top requires a total organizational effort. To KEEP it there requires commitment from the top, which means SPENDING SOME MONEY. Players don't last forever, and a team owner must be willing to hire free agents and whatever else it takes to keep some hosses in the corral. The Niners' personnel has definitely taken quite a downturn since the '90s.

The management team of Carmen Policy, Dwight Clark, and Bill Walsh built their last SB teams, as they were given a free hand player-wise. That's what it's gonna take to get the Niners back in the hunt. They should look at the example of this year's Chargers, or even the Bengals.

9. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I think Pete Carrol should coach the 49'ers for 2 reasons, 1st anybody is better then Dennis Erickson as a pro coach and that takes him out of the PAC-10.

10. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Then when the 49'ers fire him he can come up here and coach the Huskies or Cougers.