1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can predestination and free will both exist?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by rpniman, Jan 4, 2008.

1. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

Don't worry, Dee. To be honest, many of the early Baptists were reformed in their theology. Some went into a hyper-calvinistic mentality and some went to a calvinistic thinking. Others moved to a more Arminian view. I believe we are free to move within our nature. Unless God moves on us and begins changing our nature we would continue in our depraved and sinful lives. Jesus came to" seek and to save." "There is none who seek me." on and on it goes. I know for a fact from my own testimony that I was far from looking for God. I have pinned down in the testimony of most people I have heard, the same thing is revealed. God seeks us out to be saved. He chooses us and He begins the change which we respond to.

we are fully free to act within our nature and until it is changed our will is not changed. Take a bird for example. You take a cute little baby bird awaay from it's parents before the eyes are open and handraise it. it doesn't even know it is a bird. however as soon as she has flight feathers, she takes off.

you clip her wings and she stops flying. you have changed her nature.

We are free to act within our nature and until it is changed, we will not be likely to change. Once it is changed, we will change.