1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can real atheists exist according to the bible?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I submit that not all evolutionists are atheist. Some are Christians. It is best not to confuse belief in God with one's belief in a literal or allegorical interpretation of Genesis.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would never claim that all evolutionists are atheists. Certainly the RCC has proven that point in triplicate.

BUT it CAN be shown that atheist darwinism IS in fact pure orthodoxy for atheists - and pure compromised-religion for Christians that seek to marry it to God's Word.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree. And I would not say this is merely "know your enemy" so much as this is "Know how God is drawing your neighbor to Himself even if your neighbor takes the fools path saying - there is no god".

4. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

Here's some food for thought taken from page 204 of Ingmar Bergman's autobiograophy "The Magic Latern" Viking Penguin, New York, 1988. English Translation (C) Joan Tate:

"Ghosts, devils abd demons, good, evil, or just annoying, they have blown in my face, pushed me, pricked me with pins, plucked at my jersey. They have spoken, hissed, or whispered. Clear voices, not particularly comprehensible but impossible to ignore.

Twenty years ago, I underwent an operation, a minor one, but I had to be anaestiesized and, due to an error, was given too much anesthetic. Six hours of my life vanashed. I don't remember any dreams; time ceased to exist, six hours, six micro-seconds-or eternity. The operation was sucessful.

I have struggled all my life with a tormented and joyless relationsihp with God. Faith and lack of faith, punishment, grace and rejection, all were real to me, all were imperative. My prayers stank of anguish, eternity, trust, loathing and despair. God spoke, God said nothing. Do not turn from me Thy face.

The lost hours of that operation provided me with a calming message. You are born without purpose, you live without meaning, living is its own meaning. When you die, you are extinguished. From being you will be transformed to non-being. A god does not necessarily dwell amoung our increasingly capricious atoms.

This insight has brought with it a certain security that has resoutely eliminated anguish and tumult,though on the other hand I have never denied my second (or first) lift, that of the spirit."