1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can someone help me find a church...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Mike McK, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Hey, everybody.

Recently, I made the difficult decision to leave my church over the way it is rapidly moving toward the left and toward the new pastor's emphasis on making the Gospel hip, rather than being faithful to God's word.

I have no doubt that he means well, but I just don't believe that this is something God wants me to be a part of.

When I expressed my concerns to him, he basically told me to lighten up. I just don't think he's taking my concerns seriously.

Could someone here please help me find a conservative baptist church in the Newark, De. area?

2. On the side of truth

3. On the side of truth

I know of two good churches that are not too far from you. One is in Elkton, MD. I believe it is Maranatha Baptist CHurch or Maryland Baptist CHurch. The Pastor is Pastor Dickerson. They are quite conservative and the gospel is unfailingly preached. The other church is in Smyrna, DE and though I do not know the name of it the pastor's name is Pastor John Cereghin. This is a smaller work but you will be taught the meat. He used to be the Dean at the Bible COllege at the Elkton Church. Hope this works for you.
    Regards
    OTSOT

4. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

If you are within driving distance of the Maranatha Baptist Church in Elkton.....try it out. Dr. Dickerson is a good man, great preacher and a bear hunter. You can't beat that combo.

5. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

Do you know the Hockessin Baptist Church, in Hockessin, DE? I do not know the present pastor, but do know that there has been a long history of responsible ministry. My brother-in-law is a deacon and the church treasurer.

6. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

Mike, maybe you should start your own church with other people who believe the church should never change.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

SuperBaptist, a brother is going through a difficult time. He doesn't need that kind of attitude. Lighten up.

This comes from someone who's in a "hip" church. But I'm not going to ridicule the beliefs of a brother in Christ when he's down, and you shouldn't either.

8. SuperBaptist

SuperBaptist New Member

Some people need a loving reality check. Sorry man, I love you.

9. JRG39402

JRG39402 New Member

Go to sbc.net and click church locator. God bless you in your search.