1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can someone please help me?

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by DarleighB1989, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarleighB1989

DarleighB1989 New Member

Ever since I can remember, I've been attracted to girls. I believe I chose it, but can't remember when or why I would choose such a thing! I need help fixing myself. I'm 19, and my boyfriend has no idea. He wants to have sex, but I told him I'm waiting until marriage, like God said. There have been times I've wanted to sleep with him to try to fix myself, but decided it's be a bad idea, sinning just to correct another sin. Does anyone know how to help? I've prayed and prayed, but I'm not getting better. Thanks a lot!

2. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Pray some more till you get a answer from God. It is the devil that is working a work like that . When it happen again just say out load I rebuke you satin. And say it over and over again till he leaves you alone.

3. Joe

Joe New Member

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

“But remember that the temptations that come into your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you[/I] are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it.” 
1 Corinthians 10:13

There is nothing wrong with you, and it's alright you are attracted to women. Not all men care about that type of stuff, it wouldn't bother me. I know this from experience. Attraction is only a small part of loving someone in a godly manner. It doesn't define an orientation. In my opinion, Charles gave you good advice.

The devil would like you to fail, he wins when you fail. Even when you fail (sin), try not to focus on it. Ask for forgiveness and strength.

There is a ministry for same sex attration called Love Won Out. Google it. They have mentors in your area who have been through this struggle already. It is world wide, and no cost.

Pray every morning for a hedge of protection to surround you throughout the day. I'll be praying for you.

#3 Joe, Mar 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2008
  4. Joe

Joe New Member

Read this closely, it's absolutely hilarious~!:applause:

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

These topics are to be discussed in a private forum only, so I am closing this thread. It is the second one I have closed. The other one was worded exactly the same.

Darleigh: Please check your PM's.

Thanks,
    §ue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.