1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can someone tell me why Pope Peter was reprimanded by Paul?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Daniel David, Nov 5, 2003.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am thinking that it is the same problem we see in Matt 16 Where Christ addresses Peter as "Satan". It appears that Peter had some "issues" at times.

In Christ,

Bob

2. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

"not all the writings of even the Apostles have been preserved by history."

Other than the one possible letter to the corinthians of Paul (I have actually heard it explained that one of the letters was really two, since the writings did not contain titles, paragraphs, or punctuation (and yes I can show that) I find this to be quite likely) can you show us any other Apostalic writings that were lost? If not then I suggest you don't make such claims within your concept of Sola Scriptura.

By the way, what did Jesus mean when he said to the Apostles "he who hears you hears me"?

Blessings

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am not arguing that the Bible is an ehaustive literary record of the first 100 years since the birth of Christ - nor is it even an exhaustive list of all the Apostle's writings in that century.

But it is the list of inspired writings that God has decided to give to us as our NT scripture. And therefore it is history AND it is scripture. (Both - AND).

As you point out - some letters - though inspired - did not make it into scripture. In fact in 1Cor 14 we have evidence of a great many inspired authors that did not have entries in the NT text.

In Christ,

Bob