1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured can someone who hold to Lordship salvation define it?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You give the basis of Salvation but not the How!

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Once again.....faith is an instumentality. men are saved by, or through faith.

Never ,ever, because of faith. It is not in scripture DHK...only in your posts.

I thought somewhere you also tried to sneak in the carnal christian heresy again.....there are biblical only two men ...Spiritual/ natural.....no third man DHK.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Often in the NT, spiritual salvation is compared to physical healing. There is a parallel.
    Now look at the Scriptures and see:

(KJV) And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.
    --He was healed because of his faith, not by or or, but because of his faith.

Luke 8:48 And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.
    --Likewise, Because of her faith, she was made whole. It was her faith that made her whole. The Scripture is clear.

Mark 10:52 And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.
    --Your faith, because of your faith you have been made whole.
    Perhaps you need to look at your position once again.
    James was writing to carnal Christians when he said:
    James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

These were believers, and it was possible for them to be the enemies of God. Why? Because they were carnal, living for the world. Again, the Bible speaks with great clarity here.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

The word because of...is not in the text.It never is in the greek language.I would offer you sermons on it ,but as usual you are not interested...you just want to say what you want.....

You refuse the true teaching on the carnal christian over and over.It is a denial of the work of the Spirit.

]

again you insert this..just like you denied the passive sinner in Jn 3...by Pastor Best.

Perhaps you need to look at your position once again.
    There is no such being.....

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

This is a warning that any who live this way are unsaved....

Believers being warned that this was not acceptable.

no it is not..

those were carnal in the heart

yes warning that any enemy of God will perish

#224 Iconoclast, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
  5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Icon is one of the most Christ like posters on this board, and differences we had at the start have long been put to rest. A few posters on this board accuse him of making a case of post salvation living like "once you are saved, you are perfect and will never sin again" and from there, these posters debate based on that false premise. Icon is not saying we will never sin again. He is saying that Christ made a change in our lives, and that sin is not a pattern, or a way of life. It is sporadic and rare. When it does happen, we ask for forgiveness and are restored to fellowship with the Lord. The Holy Spirit in each of us is quite capable of drawing the line, and warns us before we cross it. All Icon is saying is, if there is no change, there is no salvation. What is so hard about that to understand? Never once did he say we never sin again.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

They faith hath made thee whole.
    Jesus said it many times. Do a search.
    Of course "because of" is not there. Neither is "through," "by" or any other preposition, leaving you without any argument to stand on. There is no preposition in the text. So what did Jesus mean then?
    "Thy faith has made you whole."
    What faith? The person's faith who was healed. Because of his faith he was healed. Not through his faith, or by his faith, etc., but rather, because of his faith he was healed. That is the only way it makes sense. If you have an answer for that please state not just deny it or refer me to someone else. Explain your answer why I am wrong.
    I am not the one denying Scripture. In 1Cor.3:1-3, Paul says to the "brethren" Christians, you are yet carnal. You still need to be fed milk and cannot be fed solid milk. I believe what the Bible says. You are rejecting it, almost at the point of calling Paul a liar for he definitely calls these Christians "carnal." But you deny this, saying there is no such thing because you must stay within the parameters of your own man-made theology. You are wrong.
    I don't care what others say; what does the Bible say.
    No one is passive when they are saved. Salvation is not a passive event. As I previously posted, the Holy Spirit does not come and magically sprinkle pixie dust on the unregenerate so that he somehow comes alive. That is plain superstition.
    The word "believe" is an active verb. It makes salvation active. It preceded regeneration and salvation which happen simultaneously.
    Read 1Pet.1:23--We are born again through the Word of God.
    There must be faith in that word to be born again. These truths are self evident.
    "My brethren" are not the unsaved. He was speaking to the saved. He was not speaking for the good of his own health. He was speaking because some were acting that way. Worldliness was a great problem then, as it is now. A worldly Christian is a carnal Christian. There is no difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.