1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can the Bible Still Guide America's Footsteps on the Narrow Path?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jul 12, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Yes - But prevented by separation of church and state

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. No opinion

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. thisnumbersdisconnected

If I thought they would "worry about secured borders," I wouldn't be angry with the government. It is increasingly obvious that no one in Washington has a care for security at the border.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is funny how some Christians hate the idea that this country was ever or could ever be anything other than a "pagan" nation. In fact it looks like if they ever actually become convinced of that they would be hating life in general.

3. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

What is really funny is how many people think freedom of religion, established to prevent the church from running this new country like it did in Europe, is establishment of this country as a Christian nation and wish to let the church run the country. What is even funnier is the fact that you people put your flag, your constitution, you declaration of independence before God and the Bible. You even pledge your allegiance to your flag, something you don't do to God or the Bible.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you hate the country, there are others to flee too!

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the worst thing that can happen?

I dunno, have you ever heard about things like a Nuclear weapon, Germ warfare, chemical weapons?

And America cannot feed/clothe all of the world, we do WAY more of that then all other nations already. so lay off going guilt trip on us!

6. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Quote me where I said anything negative about the country... The fact that I am counted among the few who actually know who and what the founding fathers were, and why they did what they did, shows I have more consideration for this country than those who spew garbage that is nothing more than politically biased garbage. Those who scream the most about freedom are the first to try and take it away from everyone else.

7. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

So... the worst that can happen is we go to heaven? How awful... /sarcasm.

For someone who keeps squawking about this being a Christian nation, can you give scriptural proof that God put limits on charity for the poor?

8. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

You keep this up and you'll be consigned to the "liberal" corner.

Of course you're right. So keep it up. :thumbsup:

9. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

:smilewinkgrin: :thumbsup: ...

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28

Par for the course. You need to develop a Christ-centered worldview instead of this hang on to this world view.

Try thinking and acting like a Christian and trust Christ to take care of your safety or to callyou to His side.

That's a lie straight from the devil. America could EASILY feed and clothe all of the world. But nobody is asking America to feed and clothe all of the world.

Your thinking is all wrong. If anybody has been asked to feed and clothe, that would be the church. Do you not want to help care for the poor?

I'll wait to hear the conditions and stipulations that you attach for why they can't have your help and under what conditions they may.

#30 Zaac, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
  11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think thst its the duty of America to take up every poor person in the world, to aid and assist others, while havign already starving and mistreated who are here legally as citizens?

The primary talk of the government, of the Republic under god is to defend the life/liberty of its own citizens, how does doing what you keep advocating for accomplish any of that?

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So desiring to keep jesus in the public square, desiring to see us honor marital relationships ONLY as God honors them, desiring to see our own citizens helped out first, is all "polical garbage?"

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iy also tells us to obey the authorities, so since our law tells us to turn aside those illegally here...

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Did I say that was America's duty? I said THE CHURCH. THE BODY OF CHRIST yet you continue with this world-centric view instead of a Christ-centered view.

It's our duty. We have the means of doing so. So as I said, do you not want to help the widowed and the poor and the orphaned?

You're still confused. I'm not trying to advocate for THIS WORLD. I'm advocating for ETERNITY and seeing the Church of Jesus Christ lovingly point people to HIM and eternal salvation.

I haven't been commissioned of God to see to it that the US defends the life/liberty of its own citizens.

My concern is for building GOD's Kingdom, not the kingdom of the United States of America.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Man you're not doing anything but talking about issues. I've listened to some of you on this board as I've listened to a lot of folks in the church.

It's obvious that these issues are all about POLITICS and nothing of God with a lot of folks on this board and in the church. Attaching the name of God to it or saying you're doing it in His name doesn't make it so. If God were in it, the love of GOD would be all over the conversations about it. The love of God would emanate from it.

Ain't nothing pouring out except anger and vile attitudes about politics.

16. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

This is exactly what I am talking about. You take something, twist it into what you want it to say, then lie about it, all to try and convince someone that God is a politician. This is the politically biased garbage I am talking about. Scream for freedom until it offends your delicate sensibilities then lie, cheat, and go to war to take that freedom away from those you consider the enemy. What did Jesus say to do with our enemies, by the way?

For the record, when did Jesus tell us to keep Him in the public square?

17. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

The leader of this country is saying to ignore the laws and let them in... what now? Are you going to obey the authority or continue to insult him and everyone in his party?

18. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Gubment, gubment, gubment. Exactly. You are obsessed with the government. Not once have you discussed what we as Christians are to do. Your god is your politics. Every time you post you prove my point. I honestly don't care what the government does. I have rendered unto Caesar what is his. My God wishes me to take His message to world in hopes of saving as many from hell as possible.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God gave us government, God wants us to be involved in the ploitical process as Christians, and to elect those who best support the Biblical agena God has in his Bible!

And you CANNOT divorce being a Christian and from hoping that this nation repents and turns back to the lord...

The hope is to have him revive this land and people, correct?

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So again, supporting the moral standards that God does, and to desiring us to have a God honoring culture is 'vile and garbage?"

You would wish us to have NO opinion upon current events, how USA is leaning wrong way, and to mute any talk of morality and God then?