1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can the Bible Still Guide America's Footsteps on the Narrow Path?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jul 12, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Yes - But prevented by separation of church and state

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. No opinion

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The true Gospel was persecuted ever since the Lamb of God was slain before the foundation of the world. To be sure there are many false gospels. The majority of Christendom is following a false gospel. Paul says to regard them as anathema, a really serious condemnation of such gospels.

Very few of our founding fathers seemed to be following Jesus. George Washington was Freemason--33rd degree. This is a group given over to Satan, plain and simple. Read about Thomas Jefferson and his attitude toward Jesus and the Bible. This ain't true Christianity folks.

There is no biblical indication that the world will be won to Christ. He told us to be witnesses(martyrs) as a witness to the ungodly. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, righteousness, and judgement to come. Some will be saved, some not. We suffer from: repeat after me salvation, which is no salvation at all.

As a nation, we have tried to get rid of the Bible and the precepts of the Bible. We have also murdered many unborn souls. We have mistreated millions of the children of God.

Will God forgive us as a nation? Not unless we repent.

True repentance is not seen much any more.

Time to repent and do the first works.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You can have all the opinion you want about your politics. Just hush when it comes to the Gospel of Jesus Christ because there doesn't need to be any confusion amongst the lost when it comes to this politically tinged Gospel that some of you preach that has nothing to do with Christ and pointing folks to Him, but everything to do with your longings for partisan politics and the other things of this world.

Preach the Gospel and leave the preaching of politics to the government.

3. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Quote the scripture please.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it looks like you already know it ....

.... so why don't you quote it? :thumbsup:

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting you said this .... may I ask where you love for you Baptist Board neighbor has been since coming aboard?

If you really believed this, you'd not be so hostile, insensative and critical of those you will one day spend eternity in heaven with!

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It's been right there pointing toward Christ and repentance. Where has yours been when showing no love or compassion for anyone who doesn't act or hold to your politics? Like yourself, you and your clique are too busy bloviating over politics and trying to get the next pat on the back to see it.

Funny thing is you try to appear so reasonable, but you're about as instigating as they come.

Boy please. If you and your brood showed any type of Christian love for anything or anyone who didn't look or carry your political POV, you'd never hear anything from me.

Your brand of Christianity stinks to heaven. And you and your buddies are just upset that I'm not afraid to tell you so.

Bullies are used to going unchallenged. Too bad for you I'm not the sit-back and be bullied type.

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bullies Always know who Bullies are!

[​IMG]

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One more thought on what you said ....

[​IMG]

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, something else ....

Like me or not. Like the others or not. We are for a fact a part of the same body, and one-day folks like you will learn that you have only hurt yourself with your ugliness and predisposition to judge others.

[​IMG]

In case you forgot this, James warns us all in 4:11, "Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it." And Paul said, "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things" Romans 2:1.

Later in Romans 14:10, Paul says, "You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat." and 14:13, "Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister."

I can sense within your words a lot of contempt, Zaac, and I pray you come to grips with it, before it destroys you. If you hate the members of this board, why do you stay here? It seems that you relish in your spirit of contempt towards others, and that is no Christ like!

Finally, let me remind you, of what Paul says, 1 Corinthians 4:5 - "Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God."

You claim I instigate. In the end, the Father, and only the Father reveal the true agenda in our hearts! My heart is at peace. I know what I do and why I do it, as well as why I question you and your harsh ways!

You are not reflecting Jesus every time you deflect one of us! And I can't see why anyone would stay on a board that makes them so angry that they spew such hate!

I have yet to attack you like you have attacked me, brother, maybe because I don't have vile and hate in my heart when it comes to you!

I sincerely pray for you, because if I cause you to stumble, I am sorry! If others cause you to stumble, I am sure it isn't meant as you take it! Remember it has always been in your nature to attack those of us for anything and everything, calling into question our salvation and our love for God!

I can't speak for the others, but I am only calling into question the intensity of the anger that you continue to show towards the rest of us! And I'd have to say, there is a deeper rooted reason for that anger! I pray you come to grips with it, and learn to play fair and nice with your fellow brothers, the same brothers who will one-day share the streets of heaven with you! You certainly can't inherit heaven with the kind of disdain towards your family! These are the times and place to work it out! I pray you do just that!

10. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Because it doesn't exist. Proving my point!

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You can save the words because you have shown yourself again and again to be nothing but someone who wants your "friends" to jump on your bandwagon.

It's obvious how hard you try to tow the political line and say all the "right" things to get folks to comment and help with your group attack in your threads.

There are some on this board who are just nasty and they are upfront with their nasty. You on the other hand try to cover your nasty with a fake piety and a "I'm taking the high road" illusion, but your words constantly give you away. You instigate and you like to keep stuff stirred up.

Keep my name directly or indirectly out of your posts.

And save your words of righteousness to impress those who can't see through your fakeness. I wouldn't waste contempt on your brand of manipulation.

So put that on a bus and ship it to the nearest Mexican/US border crossing. :smilewinkgrin:

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Now you know that will never be acceptable. There's got to be at least one verse of Scripture (and they will attempt to find it) that allows folks to justify placing politics before loving God and loving their neighbors as themselves.

They'll tell you "well we can do them at the same time".

Then try to explain to them that's not what's coming through and you'll be branded a liberal IT, THING or TROLL and judgmental because you call to correction and repentance their constant mistreating of anyone who doesn't share their POVs about politics.

Because that's what they get upset about. Not that you disagree with something God's word says. But that you disagree with their POLITICIZING of everything.

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is NO verses that support Christiuans not becoming involved in politics, as while the Gospel merssage is indeed to be the top priority of the church, there is still the truth that we are here to be the salt and light to the unsaved, and that part of that is to get political leadership that more honors the morality of the Lord, and to have the culture reflecting more of a God presence...

Hard to do that though in current America, as due to the church/president/SC/Culture, we have lost our way as a nation, and have shunned God!

14. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting what Isaiah said to Judah and Jerusalem: Isa 1:23,"Your rulers are rebels, partners with thieves; they all love bribes and chase after gifts. They do not defend the cause of the fatherless; the widow's case does not come before them." The context is 21-31. Israel is still having troubles with their unbelief.

So are we.

This kind of describes the state of our States. Not many seem to have a clue or an inclination as to what the problem might be; and certainly no positive lasting solution.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You're failing miserably.

Nope. That's what you want to be part of it. God has commissioned us to do one thing and it's not to get political leadership anywhere.

Maybe it's hard to do because you've got the God of Creation cutting you off at the pass saying I commissioned you to do something else. Why are you trying to do it YOUR way with your politics when I've commissioned you to do it MY WAY with my love and MY WORD?

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The solution is as the solution always has been: JESUS CHRIST.

But like the Israelites, God's people want the solution to be politics and other kings and not HIM.

If we were doing as we've been commissioned, there would be more folks pointed to Christ and more folks concerned about what HE is concerned about instead of our concerns about this for sure dying world.

17. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For your efforts!

[​IMG]

#57 righteousdude2, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
  18. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't be silly.

19. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have people dying in our VA Hospitals because our President lied.

20. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right on!

Amen, and Amen!:thumbs: