1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can the Patriots beat the Steelers in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PatsFan, Dec 10, 2004.

1. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

It looks like the big O hurt his ankle today real bad in the Cowboys game. Besides, don't the Eagles always choke in the playoffs? (Of course so do the Steelers, so I don't really have a argument there do I?)

The Steelers really shut down O in their last game, and they looked shell-shocked on offense.

2. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

Indy is the one with the O, but i have to say philly surprised me tonight. so did the steelers this weekend, and the chiefs for that matter

3. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

As for Philly, the big O is out for the year. (a big zero now).

That Indy-Chargers game loooks like it might be exciting. And the Pats gave the Steelers an early Christmas gift on Monday. If the Pats lose to the Jets on Sunday they could be playing an extra game in the playoffs. The Chargers have K.C. and the Colts have Denver on the road. If either team wins out they win the bye week outright, or on a tie-breaker. All of the Pats loses have been to AFC teams.

The Chargers have lost to the Falcons..
    http://www.chargers.com/

and the Colts have lost to the Pats and two other AFC teams, so the Pats have the edge there.

http://www.colts.com/

4. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Guess What?
    The favorite's role has been blown out of the saddle! Look for some dark horse to make it to the Super Bowl and maybe have the audacity to win.
    (Look out for those 8-8 or 9-7 teams!)
    WallyGator

PS: Remember Florida Marlins In MLB

5. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

That may hold true in the weak NFC, but not in the AFC.

6. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Jack,
    Agree, don't think any 8-8 or 9-7 teams will make AFC playoffs.
    WallyGator

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steelers will have quite a chance if Big Ben's healthy! And Deuce's improving health won't exactly hurt them.

8. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

I suppose you're right, but didn't the Patriots look really good today against the Jets? With Ty Law back in the lineup in the playoffs, they'll be really tough. Is Big Ben's rib injury very serious?

Tom

9. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I think the Patriots can beat anyone in the NFL and have to be the favorite to win the Superbowl again.

I personally am pulling for the Colts to win it all, but I think the Pats, Steelers or Colts will trounce whoever comes from the NFC.

10. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

I suppose you're right, but didn't the Patriots look really good today against the Jets? With Ty Law back in the lineup in the playoffs, they'll be really tough. Is Big Ben's rib injury very serious?

Tom
    </font>[/QUOTE]Ben's injury is only bruised rib. He is listed as questionable.

http://postgazette.com/pg/04365/434699.stm

His jersey though is #1.

http://postgazette.com/pg/04365/434699.stm

11. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I predict a totally surprise for the SB. I just don't think the favorites will go through all the way. It would not shock me to see a team like the Broncos squeak in and go far. The same goes in the NFC where the Packers or Panthers could go all the way. We shall see soon.

12. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Any concern about all the rest the Eagles have gotten lately? I don't think they're going to make it to the superbowl AGAIN.

13. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

ya, they should, but the nfc is like way unpredictable to me. TO injured is a real setback. steelers i think will win. afc own the class though

14. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Yeah, the Steelers are definitely better than the Eagles. I was confident about the Patriots until I just found out that Ty Law was placed on IR for the playoffs. Go Broncos!

15. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

PatsFan.
    I hate to burst your bubble, but if the Broncos win they will play the Steelers. If both the Broncos and the Jets win, the Pats play the Jets. That is as close to an automatic win as you could want, the familiar Jets.

The Steelers will play the worse team to win this weekend.

16. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Yeah. I understand that. With Ty Law out for the playoffs, I'm just a little worried about the Colts- -and a lot worried about the Steelers, ha, ha

17. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Well I think it would be a hoot if the Seahawks upset everybody but they have to get through this weekend first.
    Now a realistic upset would be for the San Diago Chargers to come in and take it all.

18. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

i like the seahawks, i hope they do. chargers are gonna fall apart real soon, wont win again hopefully

19. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

The Seahawks just don't have what it takes to go that far. I agree with you about the Chargers, also because Marty Shottenheimer has never won many games in the playoffs no matter where he has coached. I think my Pats could win the whole thing again if their secondary holds up.

20. west

west New Member

If we the Steelers play the way we've been playing we have good chance to go the big game and win it .BUT we always blow it .