1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can we afford Obama?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So now he'll do both.

Increase taxes and run huge deficits.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again, you are behind the news, carpro. The betting money is that there won't be a tax increase bill as long as the economy is in danger.

And, for the record, I have no problem with raising taxes to pay for government spending. It is the fiscally responsible thing to do. Fiscal responsibility is something that conservatives used to believe in. I guess those days are past.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I repeat.

He'll do both. Run humongous deficits and increase taxes. He lied through his teeth to get elected. He's not going to start telling the truth now.

5 pages, Mr. Dodger.

You still have made no recommendations for how he'll pay for all his proposals. Another admission on your part that there is no plan. He's worse than the GM moguls.

At least Congress finally asked those clowns for a plan on how to pay back the loans we shouldn't make to them in the first place.

When will we get a plan for anything but spending from Obama?

It's obvious you don't know of one, so there must not be one.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) You must not have paid any attention to the news since election day ended. We are no longer in the election cycle, carpro. Wake up! It's governing time now. And governing means dealing with economic conditions today, not what they were two years ago when the just completed campaign started and proposals were being made.

2) There is no need to pay for proposals that are not in the pipeline to be passed and signed by the president due to having to deal with the economic crisis we are in.

3) Since the president-elect just named his economic team yesterday I doubt it is reasonable to expect them to produce one in 24 hours.

#44 KenH, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have more substance to back that up in my little finger than you have ideas on how to pay for all his spending in your whole body.

I'm still waiting.

All you've done so far is make excuses and run in circles.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've dealt with the facts as they are today - November 25, 2008. You're six months behind...at least.

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You are not conversant with history.

1. Kennedy cut taxes, government income increased.:laugh:

2. Reagan cut taxes, government income increased.:laugh:

3. Bush 43 cut taxes, government income increased.:laugh:

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You forgot to mention:

1. President Reagan raised taxes and government revenue increased. :laugh:

2. President Clinton raised taxes and government revenue increased. :laugh:

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still no answers, I see.

Where's the money to fund his trillions of dollars in new spending going to come from?

Obama apparently doesn't have a plan to pay for anything, just spending.

Where's you past concern for the size of the federal deficit?

You' wouldn't know a "fact" about Obama if it bit you on the nose. You've bought into all the smoke and mirrors and propaganda.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I have an idea, the same way we're paying for the 10 Billion a month we're spending in Iraq. Surely since you fellows want to stay the course in Iraq you must feel deficit spending is ok. Or is deficit spending only ok for the Iraq war but not ok to save the American economy and keep millions from unemployment and depression?

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What's different about Obama is he only wants to raise taxes on the top 5% of American's. Those making more than $250K/yr.

Are you saying the economy will tank and unemployment will skyrocket if he raises taxes on Hollywood, Bill Gates and all those professional athletes? Now lets look at this another way, couldn't raising the taxes on that group of people safely answer Capro question about how he'll pay for SOME of this new spending.

It will take spending to reverse our direction unless we plan to stay the course and continue toward depression. Someone needs to pay. Increasing the top tax bracket to 38% which is the same it was under Clinton will certainly do more good than harm. Don't ya think? What if he made the line over $500K or over $1 Million, would that b3e a safer place to raise taxes without hitting those small businesses you guys are suddenly concerned about?

12. rbell

rbell Active Member

Which figure was it? $250K? $200K? $120K?

I love wealth envy. People that have it never seem to go get themselves a job from poor folks. Can't imagine why...:saint:

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've given you plenty of solid answers. You just don't like them. I am not going to repeat them again.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Doesn't matter to me, I voted liberal this go around. I just want to see some taxes get raised... :laugh:

On this subject, it seems Warren Buffett and Carlos "Slim" Helu passed up Bill Gates for richest men in the world. Bill is only worth a piddly $58 Billion so has been dethroned. I don't envy anyone who has to count all that money or balance that checkbook...

Ok, maybe a little but it won't do any good when my wife learns we have that money... We'd be checking into the poor house with lots of clothe... :BangHead: :BangHead:

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Ballad of the Democratic and Republican Apologists. Wonder if will ever make the top ten?

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not even one.

How's Obama going to pay for his proposed trillions of dollars of new spending?

You have steadfastly avoided answering the central question of this thread.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never expected an answer from you. Just your usual mantra.

You didn't disappoint.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fine.

How do we pay for his trillions of dollars of new spending proposals.

They keep growing, even as I ask the question that no Obamanite has an answer for.

19. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

carpro I hope you're having a Great Thanksgiving!

I hit upon this without going into details because none of us know the how's and when's and where's as things are always changing.

But I said this in my last post, "We have and will continue to live through each President and their direction they take this country.. We will make it though this one just as we have through Bush, Clinton and all the others..."

No matter what programs he puts in place, no matter what he does or don't do we will be here ready and waiting until the next President.

I have to ask you, did you or have you ever asked this about the Iraq war or the War on Terror? These two items are very expensive and yet here we are 7 years later and there is money to pay for these thing.

Is the system to pay for these things, Bush's war or Obama's programs a good system? One that is responsible? No. Other than that and guessing no one will be able to give you an answer.

But like I said before, until we get together and find good people to put in office this is what we are stuck with.

To me, with everyone sounding the "Oh No, Obama" bell, I have to ask them Ron Paul doesn't sound so bad now huh? :)

I supported Ron Paul for President!

20. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

He wouldn't listen if you did. Some are only interested in predicting doom and gloom since it is Obama who won the presidency.

I believe that Obama will do what is necessary to salvage this struggling economy, something Bush has failed to do.

I guess if someone sits and reads, "My Pet Goat" while America is being attacked, they should only be expected to sit by and do nothing while the economy tanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.