1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can we know the mechanics of salvation

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Revmitchell, Jul 27, 2013.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I agree with this to a certain extent. The church can only do some much. One has to take the initiative to "study to show thyself approved, a workman unto God, that needeth not to be ashamed". The church can help in a new born babe's growth, but they can't do it all by themselves. We are commanded to stick our noses in His Word and learn for ourselves.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Including yours? Don't post in debate fora if you aren't interested in defending your position. As the rules of the debate fora trump your own rules, it cannot be said that I attempted to derail this thread by summing your position thusly:

Man saves himself.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is asked, Can we know the mechanics of salvation?

Salvation is likened to many things on earth, which are only a copies of the real thing:

Birth
    Creation
    The dead being raised to life
    Redemption
    The Tabernacle, priesthood and the offerings
    Advocacy
    etc., etc., etc......​

So, the short answer is, yes. A child can know the "mechanics" of Salvation.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Agedman,

glad we found much agreement, I did not want to derail this thread ,so I started a new thread focused more on these things...i will respond there soon....

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

:thumbs: Yes c1....The great salvation is the essential part....then getting into a local assembly, and the Spirit continues to work in us progressively.
    The desire to see other souls saved is one of the first things we begin to be concerned about AND YET, as newborn babes we are not quite up to the fight and opposition that springs up. As we grow and the verses open up to us, we are more and more enabled to serve and help discover where the lost sheep are....The more word used correctly and faithfully, the better the results...for salvation or damnation...2cor 2;14-17

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thomas Helwys

It is always good to agree when we can!
    We agree because these passages speak about Our Lord and his work!
    To some extent all believers are covenant theologians, in that we have to have some "theology of Covenants as they are spoken of in scripture...