1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can we really Believe the Creator's Word?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by BobRyan, May 1, 2004.

1. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

""Obviously" the point of Adam and Eve being created as "adults" shows "age" that is "needed" for the starting conditions to be successful."

And why are the starting conditions that I interpret as evidence of great age needed for the first life to be successful? The careful ratios of radioactive elements that show great age. Better yet, all the cosmic evidence for great age. How does making a pair of galaxies billions of light years away appear to have been colliding for hundreds of thousands of years help life here on earth?

"Rather - by the Creator's account time has passed and it has been at a somewhat uniform rate - aside from the flood. So going back 4500 years to the flood you would "expect" to see signs of steady state erosion."

Bob, it is not just that we have seen erosion. In your scenario, we would expect all of the volcanoes to show basically the same amount of erosion if most of the erosion were caused by the same event. We do not. We see differing amouns of erosion in a specific pattern. So the erosion must have been over time and not the result of a one time event. The data shows it. So you would need to compress 70 million years of mountain building and erosion into "4500 years" you said. Can you show anywhere today where either shield volcanoes can build at a sufficient rate (without boiling off the oceans trying to build over 100 of these things in a short period of time) to get volcanoes as big as we see (don't forget that most of them, even the 10000 footers, are underwater so they are HUGE) or to erode volcanic rock that quickly? You can't.

"What is "not apparent" is how you hope to "predict" or "account for" the rapid geologic changes that occur at the flood and shortly following it."

Fine, show us the physical evidence for the rapid changes and where enough heat came from rapidly enough to make that much rock and where that heat was then disippated to without violating rules of heat transfer and without boiling the oceans. Your assertion, your serve.

"Let's assume that we have a steady-state uniform progression extending back at the same rate that we see geologic processes occuring today"

You are free to give us evidence of rapid changes that you think save your position.

Again, you have basically denied evidence you do not like. You cannot show that any other scenario fits what we see better than the geologists interpretation.

"The "details" are that science today is forced to admit NON-uniformity in the expansion of the universe from the zero point."

And why do you think this is a problem?

"The "details" are that science is forced to admit that space ITSELF is spreading out like a curtain unfolding NOT having the energy dissipation wave form inversely proportional to the square of the distance as predicted in a classic explosion wave form from a "big bang"!"

Your whole premise is faulty. The BB is NOT an explosion. There is nothing for it to explode into. It is the expansion of space itself.

I don't know why I waste my time with the following, but here goes. Do you realize that it is thought that samall variations in the early universe are responsible for the large scale structure we see today? Scientists think that the very early universe vibrated with basically great sound waves. These waves would have created areas of compression and rarification that would be the differences in density that gave rise to later structure. Recently, we have been able to make high quality images of the CMB. You know what, the patterns show sound waves. Plotting the temperture deviation and angular frequency of the pattern and you get a large peak at the fundamental frequency of the young universe with smaller peaks at all of the overtones of this fundamental frequency. The sizes were predicted ahead of time due to inflation. The observations matched. Now, if you take the structure seen in the CMB and compare it to the the distribution of matter in the visible universe. When you plot it, you find that the distribution EXACTLY matches that shown in the CMB. This is extradinary proof of inflation. But I am sure you will deny this. "Creation science" does not have the ability to make such predictions that can be proven or disproven. As you show over and over, it refuses to tie itself down to anything so that you can claim that any set of data supports your assertions. But you are never quite able to actually demonstrate this. Your just happy to deny all the evidence around you.

"In the Creator's account (had you paid attention to the details of the text AS IF they were trustworthy)He states that He made TWO GREAT LIGHTS on day 4. "

Oh Bob. Still staying away from your literal reading. I believe the account forms earth on the third day, verse 9, and ade the stars on the fourth day, verse 14. So now that you are denying science and the Bible, what is your third way.

"I have never argued that the stars are the same age as the earth."

You said you had no problem if the stars were older when the literal reading shows that they were younger.

"In responding to your speculation that "SINCE God used DNA as the code for living organisms - THEN complex life forms evolved from simple ones" -"

I already showed you you have underestimated the detail of the evidence if this is what you think.

"A more "Speculative" position could hardly be imagined. Asked why the thumb is on the same side of the hand between Apes and humans "WHY because we all came from apes of course"??"

More speculative than ALL of the primate "kinds" got this exact same mutation and spread it through their entire populations? Hardly. And this evidence is not presented in a vacuum. It is presented along side all of the other genetic, physical, and fossil evidence that shows it to be true. If it were the ONLY piece of evidence, then you might be right. In context, it is a cog in a great wheel of evidence.

"And yet the Creator's CLEAR statement that God FORMED man in His own image"

You really think that means physical image? Then you really are missing the point in trying to maintain your literal interpretation and providing us with a demonstration of the problems with such. It is our soul that makes us in the image of God, not ten fingers and ten toes.

"Hello!! You have conveniently "Forgotten" the "modification with descent" argument that claims to "aggregate new genetic data into the DNA sequence" such that organism GAIN genetic information over time."

What part of modification is unclear? The DNA that codes for a wolf is no longer there. The DNA for a poodle has been selected for. Speaking more generally, when things evolve, it is not normally because some new piece of DNA has appeared alongside the old, it is because the old has been changed into something new. (I had to do that in general terms because the case of dogs is a little different. Here the certain traits in the natural variability within wolves have been selected for. The time frame is too short for much of it to have been from actual mutation, though some traits would be expected to be from mutation. As these traits get repeatedly selected for, the genes for the other traits are selected against and removed from the gene pool. The gene pool of poodles no longer contains the same diversity as that of wolves. It is one reason pure breeds more often have health problems. The variation is no longer there to get a wolf.)

"Are you reading this?

Are you paying attention to the points?
    "

Yes, now identify the fallacies I am using. Point out what I said, how it was a fallacy, and which fallacy it was. You accuse. You prove.

"Test case - go back to your Hawaiian island example and SHOW how rapid one-time geologic changes are "shown" by the story you tried to tell?"

I do not need it to tell the story. But if you want to get into it, there are catastrophes in the geologic record of Hawaii. Many large landslides for example. Geologists have no proble looking at the debris are concluding correctly that it was the result of a catestrophic landslide. They do not try to explain the debris in some long term, slow process as you imply.

"River delta sedimentation rates CHANGE as the river ages. NEW river formation would involve high impact turbidity currents massively impacting sedimentation rates of the delta AND YET all major river deltas of the earth - show a "start" point less than 6000 years old EVEN if we do NOT account for rapid deposition during start up as would be "expected"."

Bob, you have been repeatedly shown how your river delta problem is false. It gets boring after a while. BUt you need to show that river deltas from differently today than they did in the past if you want to use this as proof against uniformatarianism.

Bob, you managed to ignore all the evidence I presented. Congrats on that. I am still waiting for why primates and apes share all the things I suggested. That is a lot of one time events all tied together. Common descent predicts such things. Created "kinds" would be expected to predict the opposite, yet we find it. Explain again the vitamin C and the LTRs and the other shared mutations. Why don't you go after the whole twin nested heirarchy? Maybe because the facts support it?

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    AS in CHANGE the Poodel into a wolf. Exactly

OR as in your case - change a single celled organism into a wolf (not EVEN starting with a poodle in the mythologies of evolutionism).

How can you possibly pretend not to get this basic point in your "OWN" argument?

The forced and selective breeding is doing ON PURPOSE what you claim will happen "by chance".

Instead of "having" to wait for a stray beta or alpha particle to hit something - instead of having to wait for that "chance meeting" of two "lucky donors" - humans "make it happen" - no need to wait a billion years.

But they can't "MAKE" the genetic information "appear" that is not there.

And HENCE you "believe the story" though you have nothing SHOWING it is happening and EVEN when we have test cases such as this - you have nothing and the Creator seems to be holding all the cards.

But stil... I doubt your current beliefs will let you admit to it.

No doubt. But LOSS of genetic information is no problem for the determined evolutionist. Because he "faithfully believes" in an "idea" that genetic information is ADDED by the process of "descent with modification".

So every "mutation" (of which there are many in every generation) is a "hopeful opportunity" for the devotee to evolutionism's doctrines.

My point is - so far the data refutes the doctrines and beliefs of evolutionism and comes out in overwhelming support of the Creator's teaching on "creationism".

In Christ,

Bob

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are ignoring the points I raised on this already - forcing a "repeat" of the same thing posted.

Oh well -- ok.

Your ignorance about WHY God needed Adam to be an adult capable of plucking fruit and eating for himself is NOT a kind of "proof" that the Creator's account is "wrong".

You continue to form your "proofs" in the form of "questions about what you don't know".

More to the point - you ask the question "AS IF" you already had an alternate model in the lab that "was working for you".

In otherwords - you pretend that you already CAN create your "living planet" your way - with starting conditions entirely different from the creator's so you can THEN ask "So why is HE doing it different that I say it must be done?".

But then we notice that "NO" you HAVEN't gotten ANYTHING in the lab to show "starting conditions" that are ANYTHING other than what the Creator used - when making a living planet because in fact you can't do anything but study what HE did and take His WORD for what He said are the starting conditions.

As much as you don't "like" His starting conditions - they are what they are. And you have no "other lab experiment" showing that anything ELSE would have worked as well.

Get it?

In Christ,

Bob

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wrong. The ratios don't "show great age" unless you can (in some god-like way) state what you know to be the "starting conditions" that you most extrapolate back to. Since you don't HAVE that data - you are stuck pretending that you do.

The point remains (that you seem to continually ignore so far) that you don't have any "data" showing what God needed for a living viable system - much less the amount of daughter product He needed to have in the earth's crust as a starting condition.

Hmmm let me guess... "THAT" is the great "reason" for rejecting the Creator's Genesis 1-2:4 "account"???

You have to be kidding!

True IF we knew that ONLY ONE geological event has occured in the past 6000 years.

We have no such "data" for that assumption.

And so once again - though you have to pretend you DO have the video - you don't. You are in fact starting with "guesswork" and picking the "Simplest scenarios" because they reduce the problem in guessing.

That is hardly a "kind of proof" against the Creator's account NOR is it "a study" of all the Geological sequences of events that took place before, during and shortly after the flood.

The fact that the volcanoes are consistently "older" at the trailing edge is not "surprising" in either model.

Circular reasoning "again".

The 70 million years "is not there".

Rather it is a "conclusion" you draw based on non-God, non-Flood, Non-Creator "assumptions".

Don't convolute the argument as if "I have to show YOUR conclusion in my argument".

That won't happen in all of time.

Rather the 6000 year HISTORY will account for all the data we observe today when we observe/measure/compile EACH geological EVENT that took place in that time.

The atheist evoltionist has his own bias that he brings to the table - and interprets the data accordingly. We all expected that from the start.

Why you would find HIS starting bias to be something a Christian should swallow - is the point of this thread.

In Christ,

Bob

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I love it! You claim to know how many volcanoes it takes to boil the ocean!!

Which type of volcanoe where you wanting to use? Which type of eruption? What forces were you allowing on the tectonic plates to start the eruption? Note - when a large mass of molten material enters the ocean it is only the surface material that generates energy in the water. As the moutains are today - the internal flow of hot gases and magma do not heat the ocean.

Your statement above is another classic case of evolutionists claiming to watch entire ocean's boil in the lab without actually having the data.

Notice that in your stead-state assumption (basic to your question to me) you are asking me to show a current world wide flood geologic sequence of events happening today that can account for what happened 4500 years ago. "AS if" that makes sense.

Sure!

The Hawaiian Islands. The Marshall Islands. The mountain ranges of the American content, the Grand Canyon, the progress of the river deltas for all major rivers on the planet, Palonium Radio halos in basement rock...

You know - the data that so confirms the Creator's account!

Oops! Did you think that your "bias" was a kind of "proof" so that these SAME features "are not allowed" to support the Creator's "account"??

Well guess what?

Your bias is not in fact "a kind of proof".

In Christ,

Bob

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How sad that your distance from the Creator's "account" leaves you so totally in the dark on what the text says.

You don't "trust the details" of what He has said - so you don't appear now to even know them.

On day 3 we have the plants - all green plants created as this is the day that DRY LAND appears in just ONE evening and Morning.

On day four we have "The TWO GReat LIGHTS" the ONE to rule the DAY and ONE to rule the night.

Going back BEFORE day 3 - on day TWO we have the expanse of our atmosphere created - in just ONE evening and morning.

Here is the "Creator's count" for you to finally read.

Since you are so bent on contradicting and denying it - might as well read it too.

Notice the starting conditions?

In Christ,

Bob

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now "see"? That wasn't so bad?

And the "Good News" is that the Creator's "Account" can be trusted.

Now let me ask you a question - what causes the phenomina that we call "evening and morning"?

Come on! I know you can get this.

In Christ

Bob

8. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

See Bob, it says "lights in the heavens" on day four and then seperately says "the two great lights" two verses later, just as I pointed out to you. So stars on day four. Now you say I am wrong on this. Insult me even. Why don't you quote and show me on what day the stars were formed since you insist I am wrong on this.

"Now let me ask you a question - what causes the phenomina that we call "evening and morning"?"

Hmmm. Good question. Evening is just before the sun sets, morning is just after the sun rises. This is caused by the rotation of the earth in relation to the sun. Your literal reading has at least THREE mornings and evenings before there is even a sun to give us mornings and evenings. Maybe a fouth sunless morning on the fourth day. Strange thing in something meant to be literal. But, I imagine that you will not let this get in your way, either.

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    16 God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; (He made the stars also).

In thist text God provides "a number" of the lights MADE on the 4th day.

Our Creator-disbelieving group say that the number is "zillion".

But a careful review of the "data" shows that the number is "two".

Again - evolutionists deny the accuracy of the Creator's account "in spite of the data" and not "because of it".

Even when it comes to the text of Genesis 1 and simply reading the text - they prefer eisegesis to exegesis - as it is the model they use in science.

However UTEOTW makes (at last) one valide point. There are THREE evenings and mornings "according to the Creator's TEXT" prior to the ONE evening and morning on DAY 4.

IN those THREE evenings and mornings (and not zillions of evenings and mornings as our eisegetical model would "insert") we note "the obvious" which is that the sequence of a single evening and morning is caused by ROTATION of the planet near a SINGLE SIDE dominant light source.

I point this out because it starts on day one - meaning that we have a planet as of day one AND it is rotating. (Just stating the obvious here)

Evolutionists "like" to claim that "if they don't know everything then God could not Do what He claims to have done".

It is an interesting (albeit pointless) game they play. But I notice it is not lacking here.

However - I pursue a Creator-trusting model that does not accept as "proof" either the wild bias of an evolutionist OR the "puzzled look" of an evolutionist. Neither one is "proof" that God is wrong.

In Christ,

Bob

10. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

As usual, you ignore the questions. No sun for those first threee mornings and evenings. How could you have a morning and an evening. You are so intent to save your earlier comment that the stars may be older than the earth that you again insult my intelligence but do not bother to quote me the verse where the stars are actually created. That would be the KEY part if you are trying to prove me wrong.

11. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

"AS in CHANGE the Poodel into a wolf. Exactly "

Bob

Do you have a clue how evolution actually works? Is this poodle to wolf strawman the best objection you have? Just where in any peice of evolutionary science do you get the idea that this should be possible?

"Instead of "having" to wait for a stray beta or alpha particle to hit something - instead of having to wait for that "chance meeting" of two "lucky donors" - humans "make it happen" - no need to wait a billion years."

Selective breeding can only make use of the variablity that is already there. With mutation and natural selection, novel traits can be created and selected for.

This brings us to another problem with your model I predict you will ignore. Since all our wolves and bog breeds had to have come from one wolf pair, where did all that variety come from? There could have been at most only four copies of each gene. You deny the power of evolution, information is only lost, so you have no ability to generate the variation we see within species today.

And while we are the subject of genetics, you still are avoiding the questions I have posed to you. Why do all the primates share that vitamin C mutation exactly? How did it happen that the same mutation befell them all and got spread to all their members while no other "kinds" have that problem? What about all the other shared mutations? How did those same viral LTRs get in all the apes at the same place? For that matter, why do most humans share the exact same set of LTRS if several percent of the DNA has been added to by viral LTRs in only a few thousand years?

12. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

"Your ignorance about WHY God needed Adam to be an adult capable of plucking fruit and eating for himself is NOT a kind of "proof" that the Creator's account is "wrong"."

So your reasoning is that since Adam had to be created as an adult to pick fruit, the entire universe had to have been created with the results of 13 billion years of history. I don't get it.

"Wrong. The ratios don't "show great age" unless you can (in some god-like way) state what you know to be the "starting conditions" that you most extrapolate back to. Since you don't HAVE that data - you are stuck pretending that you do."

It gets boring pointing out to you that some methods of dating do not requitre that knowledge and that these methods have verified the accuracy of those few methods that do. Sigh. But please keep ignroing that.

"The point remains (that you seem to continually ignore so far) that you don't have any "data" showing what God needed for a living viable system - much less the amount of daughter product He needed to have in the earth's crust as a starting condition."

You'll have to prove that assertion. How does the ratio of these daughter elements deep in rocks affect life?

"Hmmm let me guess... "THAT" is the great "reason" for rejecting the Creator's Genesis 1-2:4 "account"???"

As I keep pointing out to you when you build such strawmen, it is not one piece of evidence. It is how the whole thing fits together. The great structures in space that can only be formed through hundreds of millions of years of gravitational interaction are but one small part. The CMB predictions that match up with reality are but another. Where are your predictions from "creation science" that we can test?

"True IF we knew that ONLY ONE geological event has occured in the past 6000 years."

Then lay your evidence out. I have. You can only deny it.

"The 70 million years "is not there"."

Who exactly are you quoting with "is not there". [sic]

Anyhow, I have put before you a compelling argument for the history. The differing ages based on dating and erosion. I am still trying to figure out what your objection to this is. You offer no evidence to challenge to standard model for the Hawaiian islands.

"I love it! You claim to know how many volcanoes it takes to boil the ocean!!"

Well, I have to admit that when I ran the numbers, I exaggerated a bit. There is enough heat to do some serious heating of the water, but not quite enough to provide the latent heat to actually evaporate them.

But you do not seem to understand what you are asking to have happened. Generate enough heat to have melted enough rock to form the mountains. Pour that much magma out and build it into what look like slowly built shield volcanoes. Move the hotspot rapidly enough to make the chain. Cool all that magma without violating any physical laws of heat transfer and in a way that makes crystals that cannot actually form in that length of time. Now you have to start eroding all these things back down. We have no examples of volcanic mountains eroding this quickly, but you'll still assert that it is so. You even have to carefully erode each one to the west more than the last one. But I am sure you will assert that some unknown event(s) was able to do this and yet leave evidence that it was done over millions of years.

"The Hawaiian Islands. The Marshall Islands. The mountain ranges of the American content, the Grand Canyon, the progress of the river deltas for all major rivers on the planet,"

Yes, Bob, give us your evidence for rapid change on all of these. It should be fun. You have not even been able to show us the Hawaiian islands formed rapidly yet you have the hubris to list them here.

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As usual you ignore some key details in the points raised. I will number them for you for ease of reference.

#1. Just because you are ignorant about how to create a planet - does not mean that the Creator can not do as HE said.

#2. God had the planet rotating BEFORE day 3 - as we see in "proof" of evening and morning.

#3. God has therefore told us that the planet was formed - rotating and had a single side light source and the event of evening and morning from the first day.

The fact that "you don't know what that light source was" does not change the "account" though you seem to "wish it did".

There again - you argue that ignorance is a kind of "proof" against the Creator's account. It is not.

Why not be at least a little objective here and let go of your fear of believing what the Creator said in His word?

Just say "OK - God shows us that in fact the World is formed and rotating on day one. The World has a single sided light source from day 1 to day three - but I don't know how He did it. I don't know what He was using"??

Is that so hard not to "be God"?

This is the part where you paid attention to the "detail" that the Creator gave in telling us that on Day 4 "He created TWO great lights. the GREATER to rule the day and the LESSER to rule the night" -- right?

I mean - you had no trouble observing that the number was in fact "two" -- right?

This means that the fact that God also - at any time - created the start - is not to be confused with the TWO great lights actually created on day four.

This is the easy part - but you seem to be having some trouble with it.

In Christ,

Bob

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Bob said
    Pretending not to get the point - is not a kind of "proof" in favor of evolutionism.

Adam was not created as a "zygote" - surely you get that.

This means that Adam and the living environment of plants and animals around him had the appearance of age - as needed for a viable living system -- the starting conditions.

Surely you can just "admit" that this is the way the Creator has stated it. Obviously atheist evolutionists see that this is what is being said JUST AS DO Creator-believing Bible--believing Chrsitians.

Understanding the point in opposition to your views is not a "bad thing". It will help you make your own case more effectively.

The point remains.

God DID claim to create the living systems of planet earth with the age NEEDED for a viable system.

That "clue" means we must also conclude that other physical atributes like the amount of daughter product in the earth's crust (as opposed to a massively radioactive crust with no daughter product) was in fact a viable "starting condition".

Of course - the next thing evoltionists might do is to say they are ignorant about what part the daughter product plays in a viable, ecosystem for a planet. And no wonder - no evolutionist has "created a planet" without it.

Then in your statement above - you ask why God created start (other galaxies and solar systems) before earth. AS "if" that is a kind of logical argument for you to be making at this point.

It is not.

In Christ,

Bob

15. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Bob

Morning and evening are based on the sun rising and setting. To use another light source, you are further abandoning your literal interpretaion.

You still have not told me when the stars were created. The 14th verse seems to capture it for me. Not you I see. Bob, I am willing to let you out of this. I have admitted mistakes before. Today even. But, if not...

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c020.html

"According to Genesis, the sun, moon, and stars were made on the fourth day of the creation week."

http://members.aol.com/steamdoc/writings/fourth.html

"The Fourth Day takes its title from Genesis 1:14-19, the account of “the fourth day” of God’s creative work, in which “he made the stars also.”

http://www.all-creatures.org/book/book-creation6.html

"In these verses God defines the second heaven, and He creates the sun, moon and stars."

You are even going against your fellow YECers here. This is fairly simple reading comprehension, "but you seem to be having some trouble with it."

16. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Why would it have to be made "massively radioactive?"

YOu claim to have all these problems with dating. Let's get back to the Hawaii example. If there is such a problem with dating, why is their such a strong linear relationship between the measured age and the distance from the currently erupting volcanoes? There should be no such relationship able to be drawn if dating were such a problem.

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In fact ALL methods of radiometric dating "require" that assumption. Since all methods pretend to calculate backwards to the starting point. Not "knowing the starting conditions" would invalidate ALL methods of radiometric dating used by evolutionists today.

Finding a way to "guess the starting conditions" is the game that evolutionists have been playing for a while - in trying to "guess them" favorable to the doctrines of evolutionism.

But in fact - objective and less biased reviews show the evolutionist bias to be "unjustified".

This is true with other YE and young solar system data as well.

Even our sun is found to be "young" and not billions of years old --
    http://www.icr.org/pubs/imp/imp-276.htm

The result?

The Creator's "Account" is correct and can be trusted.

In Christ,

Bob

[ May 08, 2004, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: BobRyan ]

18. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

No. Again you reduce what I said to a strawman of what I said. I asked why distant galaxies would be required to show such age. The example I gave was colliding galaxies. They show hundreds of millions or even billions of years of gravitational interaction. How does this help the situation on earth?

I also gave you the example of the CMB. The very fine details of what we see in the CMB fall precisely where inflationary theory predicted. Why is this so if the BB did not happen and why is such fine tuning required for life on earth?

19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The result is that the Creator's account may be "trusted". Instead of evolutionist constanting "pretending" that they have accounted for all the unknown geologic events at the flood and following what the more scientific and objective method shows is that there are a number of variables that must be "known with certainty" that the evolutionists do NOT know to make their wild claims.

Why then accept their pure speculation over the Creator's account? -- no reason at all.

In Christ,

Bob

20. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Why is the ICR still out promoting this garbage.

There has been plenty of evidence since the "study" that showed shrinkage to show that the sun is not shinking. Many studies have shown no shrinkage at all. Here is a good, RECENT paper. Brown, T M & Christensen-Dalsgaard, J (1998) 'Accurate determination of the solar photospheric radius', http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/astro-ph/9803131

The neutrino "problem" is laughable. Physicists have shown through a very ingeneous set of experiments that neutrinos change type. The "missing" neutrinos were because only a specific type was neing looked for. This type is actually the kind created in the sun but by the time they arrive here a significant number have changed into another type.

The oscillation is based on very old data and is not supported with modern theories. O'Brien (1998) 'Long-term Solar Oscillations and the Age of the Sun', Reports of the National Center for Science Education 18 (5): 6-10, http://www.ncseweb.org/resources/rncse_content/vol18/5066_longterm_solar_oscillations_a_12_30_1899.asp

The lithium and beryllium data is actually profound evidnece for a MATURE star. Brun & Turck-Chieze & Zahn (1998) 'Macroscopic processes in the solar interior', http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/astro-ph/9807090 A young star would show different amounts of the these two elements than what the sun has. It takes age to get what we have. I predict you will fall back to an appearance of age for the sun since these "young sun" arguments are fundamentally wrong.