1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

can We "Unbreak" The Sealing of the Holy Spirit?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DaChaser1, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Just wanted to say I though this a refreshing change to the usual OSAS title...lol. Very good.

How would we ascribe a status of salvation to those also said to be:

Matthew 7

King James Version (KJV

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

In view is a contrast against good and bad, true and false, and though yet future according to New Testament revelation of understanding concerning the work of Christ...save and unsaved.

If we take this to mean that the Lord denies believers entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven (itself a worthy discussion), then we have much explaining to do with the previous verses which culminate in this statement, as well as casting the Lord's promise not to leave nor forsake those that place their trust in Him into question.

In view is the unmistakable truth that there wil be those that are not truly in the True Vine. They are ravening wolves appearing to be sheep, they are thorns and thistles, corrupt trees, incapable of producing good fruit, which, as the Lord always taught, will be cast into the fire, for they will be burned.

God bless.

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, were are all the non-cals?

So far, I haven't seen much that doesn't read like those supporting the salvation of the believer any differently than Augustine of Hippo considered Scriptural.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think it proves the point that they may appear as believers and profess Jesus but they are not His.

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Our faith, like all our works of righteousness are as filthy rags. Thus it is God who credits our worthless faith as righteousness. Did the "faith" of those who said "Lord, Lord" save them? Nope. We do not save ourselves by trusting in Christ. We are just doing what God told us to do. He said whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. We are told to believe in Him. I have a verse, Romans 4:5 that says God credits our faith, not a "faith" given us via irresistible grace. God would not need to credit His faith as righteousness, only ours! The key is to realize it is God who decides whether we believe from our heart, for He knows our heart and nothing is hidden from Him.

#24 Van, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012
  5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Zactly..........

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I'm right over here. A "nut" in the peanut gallery.......

7. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Would appear at times there are more of them than the cals....

At least among those posting here on a regular basis!

8. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

The only way to break the Holy Spirit's seal is to be more powerful than He is, and He's omnipotent.