1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can you name ANY with either gift to heal/do miracles today?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Apr 25, 2013.

1. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

The true basis for Yeshua posting these rants against miracles, is an envy and or jealousy equaling the Pharasees when Jesus did them. Notice that when the Pharasees witnessed a miracle, they could not rejoice when the sick got healed, they accused Him of being Satan and plotted to kill. Same spirit! If you are a person that cannot rejoice when a little blind girl receives her sight, you have a problem in your heart. If you waste your time finding scriptures to badmouth Jesus healing a boy with cancer through a believers prayers, you have a heart problem. If you cannot understand that Satan came to kill, steal, and destroy, and Jesus is the same today and forever, you are an unbeliever. You may have a ticket to heaven, but that is all you have. Get baptized in the Holy Spirit! Ask Him!

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you know his motives? Mind pointing to a post where he revealed them?

3. plain_n_simple

It's a spiritual thing Rev, you won't get it.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah yes, of course. Does mommy know you are playing on the computer.

5. plain_n_simple

Yes she does, but it's about nap time so I must hurry.

6. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Well, you see, arrogance and superiority are spiritual gifts to Charismatics.

7. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    and non-Calvinists.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The gift of healing and doing miracles? Only One has that gift and He bestows it on His children as needed. No one has a particular "power" to do it at will because it's not his will but God's.

Have I seen healing? Absolutely and the result of one great healing is sitting in my den right now. Even one of the best pancreatic surgeons in the country said "I fixed what was wrong but I didn't heal her. I don't know what made her better but it wasn't me." What an opportunity to give testimony to the Lord Jesus Christ! My husband, a friend who's an elder and I were just faithful to James 5 at the request of my dying daughter and GOD did the healing.

9. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

And Calvinists. See, it's easy to be childish. Your sure you have permission from your mommy to be on here?

Okay, your turn.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Flash. it is my turn. We have been wrong about SDA theology and spiritual gifts. Here is proof. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuQ4SJWECBY

11. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    interesting that ANY who refuse to drink the charasmatic kool aid of heretics such as Copeland/hagin/hinn/price etc are "unbelievers!"

And the ONLY reason for my responses is to try to point out the multitude of errors in this movemnent, inthe hope that someone in it here, like me, will have the lord wake them up to its faults and get them 'delivered' from it!

this is dangerous games being played here, for people have lost their witness, shipwreaked faith, got angry on god etc, just because the false claims they were given as their 'write your ticket with God" failed to happen!

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    is he another 'unbeliever' also?

14. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Plain Simpleton-- what kind of miracles have you seen? Anyone with a missing arm or leg grow another one? or an "Oh glory! My terrible headache's gone! I took a couple of Adceteranvils an hour ago, but they didn't work... but now it's gone, hosanna!"?

And since Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, forever... is he a baby in a manger today, since he was one some day's yesterday, and he will be so forever?

15. plain_n_simple

A deaf lady was healed, I watched short legs grow out, twice, a blind girl got her sight back, and a few others. Yes I was there. Can you rejoice?

16. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If those things really happened, I could. What are the circumstances under which they occurred? Did you know the people? Did you take any measurements? Has anyone with direct analytic knowledge-- such as an MD-- stated these happenings were not physically possible?

Incidentally, I have one leg that is 1 1/2 inches shorter than the other. How about making it grow for me.

17. plain_n_simple

The lady was deaf since birth and everyone knew her in the church. You could tell she was deaf because, she could not hear you. The little girl was blind, because she was blind and would run into things, because she was blind. Yes we thought about getting a medical expert in to affirm that this girl was blind at six yrs old, her eyes had a glaze over them, probably lying right?

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy if you question their experiences that is what you get. They cannot function with out them.

19. plain_n_simple

You are questioning the works that Jesus does.

20. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

This I can say Amen! to ... although I'm not in the least up on the latest re: the particular men you mentioned.
    Finally, you've got something right ... I'm up off the floor now ... Congrats!