1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can You Say Amen To This Message?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Ed B, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Works in the Bible is only a reference to OT laws. It cannot be applied to anything and everything we want.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think the big mistake many make in this area of biblical repentence is some have it as meaning that we must confess and forsake all know sin BEAFORE the Lord freely forgives a sinner, but my understanding is that we must repent and change our mind in regards to trying to work and earn, tomerit salvation, as THAT leads to realising by grace alione we are ssaved!

So repent of trying to be my own saviour...

3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ends that were justified by the means.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. Heb 8:10-12

Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you. Luke 22:20 NKJV

My understanding of Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ is that Jesus shed his blood for our sins.
    Repentance toward God is that because of the above faith of Jesus, God our Father, no more remembers our sins.

God has done the above, therefore the reaction of the man, called by God:

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? Rom 6:16,16

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. Rom 6:22