1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Canada Legalizes Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

2. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Well if bush was to get of his lazy keister
    and deliver what he promised (MARRIAGE AMENDMENT)
    then it will not...if only he would show more
    resolve in this issue. Yeah thats it bush

support the cause show resolve lets repeat it
    again and again until bush gets the message
    show resolve bush in the marriage amendment
    support the cause of Christian marriage. ;)

Hey was that a fox link...good for you dragoon
    you have decided to join the major media link
    society ..good for you. ;)

I actually agree with you Dragoon it should not
    happen here..marriage is one thing that belongs
    to Christianity and brought order to our society.
    I think we can work outside the box and be creative to help gays out but "marriage" the word
    is owned by Christianity. imho

Charles McVety, a spokesman for Defend Marriage Canada and president of Canada Christian College, said he was "very sad that the state has invaded the church, breached separation of church and state andredefined a religious word."

thanks for the link ;)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163054,00.html

bump

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Surprise, friends, ASLANSPAL, blames this problem on President Bush just like everything else!

Hey, isn't Congress involved in making laws? Don't they represent us? Aren't we in control of Congress? Isn't this a republican democracy in which we live? It is us - the citizens of the nation - that are to blame?

Let's lean on the Congress to do what we want them to.

Yes, it is a link to a FoxNews report. I find them to be somewhat less liberally biased than the others. I've noted in recent times they've slipped more towards the liberal style of reporting on some issues. Rest certain, ASLANSPAL, I have not become a converted supporter of major news networks!

I'm glad you agree. We do, indeed, need resolve on this issue as well.

However, although undefined, I suspect we don't agree on the "outside the box" ideas.

The only "help" I'd want to provide homosexuals is that which would lead them to recognize the conduct for the sin it is, repent of it, and turn away from it. That's really the same help all of us need with all sin. We can talk about, point it out, etc. but the real help must come from God because it only He that can save us and keep us from sin.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Actually the President has nothing to do with the approval of Constitutional Amendments.

5. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Actually the President is the bully pulpit and
    the salesman to close the sale...thats his job.

6. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Actually, the people have the power through their representatives. Where are the people? Let us demand there be no homosexual "marriage" and it will not be.

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe San Francisco and Boston will move to Canada now.

8. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

We don't need a Federal Marriage Amendment, we need these amendments at the state level, and we need the Federal government to act to protect the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) passed in 1996.

Today, July 22, is the yearlong anniversary of the 2004 vote by the US House to pass the Marriage Protection Act (HR 3313, 108th Congress), removing jurisdiction from the US Supreme Court and the lower federal courts over cases concerning the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) passed in 1996.

The MPA (HR 3313) passed by a vote of 233 to 194 in the US House on July 22, 2004, and then the Republican-majority US Senate "sat" on the bill for the rest of the 108th Congress (through early January 2005), until the bill died. Congress had the power to strip jurisdiction from the U.S. Supreme Court and the lower federal courts from cases concerning DOMA, protecting the institution of marriage from homosexuals, and Congress still has the power to remove jurisdiction from the Supreme Court and lower federal courts today. Obviously, it has not been a priority for the Republican-majority Congress or the Republican President to do so - a year has gone by, and the MPA has not passed. (The President and Congress are more concerned with extending the unconstitutional Patriot Act and passing the sovereignty-stealing CAFTA bill!

The United States Congress, by a majority vote, has the power now under article III. Section 2. of the United States Constitution to remove appellate jurisdiction from the U.S. Supreme Court, and, under Article III, has the power to even eliminate any or all of the lower federal courts (let alone define their jurisdictions), and so could end U.S. Supreme Court and lower federal court interference now in the areas of abortion, homosexual marriage, acknowledgment of God (prayer issues, Ten Commandments), etc.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congress passes and will continue to pass laws that activist judges can and do ignore them.

An ammendment would make it part of the Constitution and judges could not ignore that.

That being said, an ammendment will not be passed.(IMHO) It couldn't get out of Congress requiring the super majority that it does.

If it did by some miracle make it out of Congress , it would take years for the required number of states to ratify it, if they ever did.

But I do agree it should at least be introduced for Bush to fulfill his campaign rhetoric.

10. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

These activist judges can't enforce their rulings, that is the job of the executive branches of government at both the federal and state levels. If Congress removes the courts jurisdiction in regards to the DOMA, then any judge that tries to rule against it is acting unconstitutionally.

Judges do ignore the Constitution, look at the recent SCOTUS descision to let local governments steal private property from our citizens. We need the checks and balances of the other two branches to start demanding these judges abide by the Constitution or risk being impeached!

I agree with you, even if it were introduced, I doubt a FMA would pass, we need to focus on the stats passing amendments and Congress moving forward to protect DOMA, and start impeaching activist judges!

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'm all for gay marriage. If you're married, what's there not to be happy about? :eek:

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

We should reclaim the meaning of the word gay which has been hijacked by homosexuals.

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

In actuality, it was because of the mainstream that this word became such. This word used to mean simply "happy," but it's meaning changed when homosexuals used it as code back in the 50's when the world thought homosexuality was a clinical illness. The word "gay" gave them a
    smaller word that was an adjective, not a
    noun. This allowed those who used it to
    identify as homosexual in addition to other
    identities. Some people use it to include
    bisexuals and lesbians, but today, it usually
    refers only to homosexual men.

I know, I know, too much information. [​IMG]

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it still is a mental illness. The word is disinformation or propaganda because they are the most unhappy people in the world.

I wonder if the Mormons will try to influence Canada (with money) to legalize polygamy, which I don't think that they have totally abandoned?

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

"Hey, isn't Congress involved in making laws? Don't they represent us? Aren't we in control of Congress? Isn't this a republican democracy in which we live? It is us - the citizens of the nation - that are to blame?

Let's lean on the Congress to do what we want them to."

Hey while your leaning on them tell them 80% of Americans want the the borders secure and no we aren't in control of congress. Look at it this way Dragoon if you worked for Ken at a set rate of pay to protect his interests and Joseph comes along and keeps filling up your bank account with gobs of cash and giving you campaign money and political favors hand over foot who you gonna be loyal too?

17. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I liked the word when it meant happy. Using it as a substitute for homosexual is still uncomfortable for me.

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There seems to be a news blackout about Canadian legalization of same-sex marriage. It has not been a topic of discussion on the weekend talk shows to the best of my knowledge. You would think that the modernists would be saying what a great triumph of civil rights Canada has enacted, wouldn't you? Of course, it is a social tragedy. That new law should make Canada a "mecca" for American and Latin American homosexuals. Wonder what the 300,000 Arabs in Toronto think about this new law?

19. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I think a lot of the entertainment world is afraid to touch this topic for fear it might hurt their ratings.

It is a real shame for Canada. I pray, somehow, they will reverse this terrible decision.

If not, and they wish to live with this sin openly acceptable amongst them, then I hope the homosexuals living here will move there.

20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would help us if they would move there. We could get along without them very well. The other nations that have full-blown same-sex marriages are the Netherlands, Belgium, and Spain.