1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Canadians OBEY U.S. Immigration Laws...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to this article - http://www.pe.com/local-news/rivers...-canadian-snowbirds-seek-longer-u.s.-stay.ece - some 21 million Canadians visit America each year. And while they are only allowed to visit for up to six months each year, they seem to OBEY the laws.

So why can't those who live SOUTH of the border, down Mexico way [and those of the Asian persuasion], do as our Northern visitors? Why can't they OBEY our laws, and even more interesting is why the INS appears hopelessly and seemingly incapable of enforcing the same laws that the Canadians are willing to abide with, year after year?

Can anyone please explain to me why one group of foreigners is law abiding, and the other reckless and contributing to national anarchy and divisiveness? :wavey:

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The present government is not interested in enforcing laws against the southern invasion.

Political control of the country is at stake.

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed....

.....and it is so sad! Those in leadership have drained this country of all it has to give. It has little left, so they are now giving it away. WHOLESALE!

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In addition those South of the Border are looking for a better standard of living.

5. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Mostly because down south they are living in cesspools of violence and misery and trying to escape with their lives and families intact. They don't really care what racist dirtbags think and just want to get out. They have spent generations in a world where laws are determined by who can pay the police and army the most money, or by which cartel is killing the townspeople this month. Every aspect of their life for decades now has been as victims to whoever has the most guns and are most willing to be the most wicked. You know, hell on earth.

Living in a 48% "brown" area, and coaching soccer for almost 10 years, I have been blessed with knowing hundreds of these families. Good, honest, hard working, God fearing families that just don't want to go back to some place that is a hell on earth. Remarkably, of those hundreds of families I have been blessed to know, one was illegal. I can say this, it takes on average over 10 years for a family from central American to become citizens. Takes about a year for a honky from Canada.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What they want is to take back the land they think the US took from them. And if their home country is so terrible maybe they should do something about it instead of sponging off of a country that did something about it when it had similar issues.

7. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This rings absolutely true to me.

Living in Texas all my life, I am very familiar with the issues in Mexico and the reasons why people flee that country for new opportunities - and in some cases, to preserve their lives.

8. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

LOL Reconquista Mexico, La Raza! ROFL

Ah yes. All them poor, unarmed, staving masses should just rise up against a corrupt military as well as the most well armed drug cartels in history. Should be easy... I mean, all those well fed 'Murican revolutionaries, who were armed to the teeth, outnumbered the British because the rest had to sail across and ocean, etc., were just the same...

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your Approach to Good, honest and God-fearing is laughable!

Mostly because down south they are living in cesspools of violence and misery and trying to escape with their lives and families intact.

So that justifies their breaking every law we have? Strange ... but that is as liberal sounding as anything I've heard in a while!

They don't really care what racist dirtbags think and just want to get out.

And that comments reeks of racism toward law abiding Americans that are tired of their country being over run by people who don't know how to stand in line and wait their turn!

They have spent generations in a world where laws are determined by who can pay the police and army the most money, or by which cartel is killing the townspeople this month.

So they bring their version of lawlessness to America, plus diseases, and demands that we REWARD their illegal choices with the most precious gift Americans have ...CITZENSHIP?

Every aspect of their life for decades now has been as victims to whoever has the most guns and are most willing to be the most wicked. You know, hell on earth.

I feel for them, BUT that doesn't make what they are doing RIGHT!

Living in a 48%"brown" area, and coaching soccer for almost 10 years, I have been blessed with knowing hundreds of these families.

And like you, I've had the pleasure of teaching English as a second language, and conducting workshops for Spanish-speaking day-care providers. I taught these workshops and spoke at their conferences with the idea of helping them to better understand the laws surrounding child day care licensees I wanted them to succeed. However, that still didn't make their lawless approach to gaining citizenship right!

Good, honest, hard working, God fearing families that just don't want to go back to some place that is a hell on earth.

What a Joke. What a contradiction of terms used to describe these folks. Let me tell you that anyone that is "Good," "Honest," and God-fearing" would not be breaking the laws of their host country! That is a contradiction that ranks up there as purely laughable! Your moral approcah to what is good, honest and God-fearing is not what I was taught!

Once again, while you present an argument of compassion, you end it with a racist rant that demonstrates an undercurrent of hate for those of us who love this nation and only want people to come here LEGALLY.

What is wrong with those of us, who live in this country, to Expect others to follow the same laws, our great grandparents and their parents followed in order to gain LEGAL citizenship?

Sorry ShagNappy, I just don't believe that one group of people has the right to infringe on the rights of another group of people, just so they can escape the dire living conditions in their countries!

I've been blessed to know a lot of Africans who probably live in worse conditions than those South of the border claim to live in, and I don't see Africans coming to America ILLEGALLY!

Get a live ... and get it straight ... your bleeding-heart approach to illegals does not make sense.

What you are arguing for is that if people are oppressed, they have the right to break the laws of their neighboring country, in order to make a better life for themselves.

That isn't the truth and you know it. I see my tax dollars going to build community after community for illegals to live in, because the shacks, they currently occupy are below standards and in non-compliance with local building codes. These folks, as nice and decent and hard working as they may be, are gaining more than a possible Golden Handshake for citizenship...they are getting free medical care, welfare, new homes, or upgraded homes, and a wink of the eye by law enforcement for breaking laws that most others, like the Canadians, are more than willing to obey!

#9 righteousdude2, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  10. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Lets set the stage first, because I know where your knee jerk reactionary anti-brown sentiment is heading. I am a 45 year old white man, born and raised in the great state of Georgia, and have been a voting republican since the age of 18... a Larry McDonald republican which means I think the vast majority of you so called republicans are a joke. Take your innuendo somewhere else.

Yes, crossing the border illegally, or not leaving after their visa expires, makes them murderers, and rapists, and etc. Wish to have a rational conversation?

Being one of those law abiding Americans I know exactly what it meant. Tell you what, go to the worst part of Detroit with your wife and kids, and wait in line for the last bus out at 3 am. Then come tell me about waiting their turn.

The most precious gift Americans have is citizenship? Wow. For me it's the freedom to worship my God and do his work without fear of jail or death. But, going by some of your arguments it is clear God's work is not tops on your list of things to do.

So... you have never broken any law, ever? Is that the standard for being good, honest and God fearing? How about this, when man's laws cause death or harm to innocent people, man's laws are wrong and should be challenged. They are being challenged.

Our laws were written by people like you who have made it nearly impossible for certain folks to come here legally. Example: Special laws are on the books for PhD holders in India to come here outside the law because they are who is running a vast portion of our scientific and medical fields in this country. It is to the detriment of our own children as they are no longer challenged to take up these fields because it is easier and cheaper to import them. They are highly educated folks doing jobs that benefits us greatly. Wink wink nod nod, no one is up in arms. Mexican wants to get his wife and kids here so they can work and raise their kids and survive... oh, forget that. It's called hypocrisy.

This is like a stand up comedy act. Africa does not share a border with America. It's does share a border with the Near East and Europe. Go check out what is going on with the Africans in those parts of the world.

Calling yourself a Christian and having ZERO compassion for your fellow man is what does not make sense.

My point is that perhaps the people in this country who claim they are Christians, and that this is a Christian nation, should practice what they preach and behave like Christians.

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, you finally hit on something ... we who see illegals as being illegals and not deserving to be rewarded for their illegal activities are behaving like sensible Christians. We practice what we preach ... which is to be in line with what God would expect of us before and beyond and above what the world would expect. Illegals are not promoting a positive witness, in that they've broken one law, and to stay here they need to break other laws, like driving without licenses and insurance, lying to everyone about their legal status [in fact, until they are caught and returned, they life a life of fear undergirded by perpetual lying to protect their illegal activities in an ungoing effort to not get caught. TELL me the truth brother ... it that how God expects a God fearing believer to live? to live fearing the law will eventually catch up with them and deport them, breaking up their families and taking them from the life they lied to create. Then they raise cain and get liberals to feel sorry for those they leave in America, and the story or cycle continues to feed off the lies these folks live with! That doesn't sond like a Godly life! But 'm sure you will have a Spin on what I've said, so I don't know why I've said anything at all! You are all Spin and no spirit when it comes to what the Word of God teaches regarrding how we are supposed to life. To life in a way that glorifies God.

There are people all around this world living in bad situations, and I would think that it would be better in the eyes of God to suffer than to sin! And believe me, coming across the border is just the beginning of a long list of sins that illeglas need to commit in order to remain in America, ILLEGALY.

Check,and Check Mate! :thumbs:

12. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Footnotes:

Luke 10:27 Deut. 6:5
    Luke 10:27 Lev. 19:18
    Luke 10:35 A denarius was the usual daily wage of a day laborer (see Matt. 20:2).

13. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

Amen! I minister in an area where there are many Hispanics. It is not uncommon for people to criticize our efforts to evangelize them, based on the fact that so many of them are undocumented and are breaking our immigration laws by being here. I have to ask, what does that have to do with our responsibility to evangelize them?

I have found that the vast majority of Hispanics in my area are hard-working people who have a dream of a better life than they had in Mexico. While most of us Anglos would not choose to live in the deplorable conditions that the Hispanics live in right here in the U.S.A., they consider what they have here to be far superior to what they had, or ever could have, in Mexico. I realize that this does not negate the fact that they are in America illegally. I don't think our immigration policy will ever be enforced to the extent of sending the Hispanics back to their country. Regardless, our evangelistic responsibility to them is no less than it is to any person, or group of people, who is in need of the Savior.

14. ashleysdad

ashleysdad Member

This is one of my favorite passages in the Bible. To be perfectly honest more Christians should live by it. That being said, as Christians what is our approach to this? To be biblical is it necessary that we support amnesty? I view the passage you quoted as a passage telling me to love people as Christ would. I do not see it as saying that to do so I must favor allowing illegals to remain in the country. In other words as I minister I simply minister to people regardless of immigration status ( honestly it never comes up). When I vote I vote for candidates whose views I agree with (including immigration law). Personally I favor tougher immigration laws across the board not just for those from the "brown" persuasion. As a nation we are broke, we can't take care of our own poor. We can no longer (as of now) say to the rest of the world "give me your tired your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free". As a Christian I care for and help whoever I can, wherever I can in keeping with the scripture you gave. Note, I do note open my doors and c'mon in I will pay for all the homeless in Panama City FL. I still have a wife and 4 kids to provide for and I am not rich, far from it. God doesn't expect me to care for all the poor and homeless but rather the ones I can without hurting my own family. In the same light, America is financially unable to simply throw our borders open and say "c'mon in free healthcare for everyone". Again, we are broke and the joke in the Whitehouse is trying to make us more broke. Like I said I favor stricter laws across the board until we can fix our own mess and adequately care for our own poor. Quite frankly, it is not our job to be the piggy bank for the world.

15. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

That's rich. Are you not the one who said, "So that justifies their breaking every law we have?" Welcome to sarcasm in a response to point out your complete and total exaggeration. You have just proven my point with this response. You exaggerated a nonsensical point. 1 point to me!

How about you just respond to the suggestion? You are suggesting sending people, including children, back into a war zone. I am suggesting you practice what you preach in a far less dangerous place. You don't like it because it makes you think and scares the snot out of you. 1 point to me.

So... you have no response so you revert to the bullies playbook on insults to shutdown debate and conversation rather than respond to the actual content. You claimed the most precious gift American's have is citizenship. I disagreed. You, feeling foolish, respond with garbage rather than a topical response. 1 point to me.

Finally, an actual response. You never break a law more than once? Really? No California stop at the stop sign leaving your street? No, 5 or 10 mph over the speed limit because you make the drive every day and you know it and can just get on to work? Nothing? You break a law once and never again? Remember, we are talking about human beings being in the country working.

Remember that when more laws are on the books dealing with homosexuals and how others can respond to them and treat them! It will be unfair, but it will be the law. However, if you agree the laws are unfair, why are you not out beating the street trying to get the laws changed rather than spending all your time trying to send them back? I assume you have written your congressmen in support of making it easier for them to get here and stay?

See the bully playbook reference above. On the off chance you really can't see the difference between countries that shares borders and countries that would require epic row boat journeys or plane flights across the planet to get to, well.... You know good and well. 1 point for me.

Ah yes... the great Obey the Law Commission. Think you missed the entire point of rendering unto Caesar what was Caesars. 1 point to me.

Tell me about the Christians in China where their faith is against the law. Where they hide and live in fear every minute of being caught and their families being split up, or murdered, because of the life they lied and hid to create?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

16. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mercy is the only response Jesus endorsed. No qualifiers or exceptions, just mercy, go a do likewise.

17. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may not believe this...

...but, to answer your accusations. No I do not break those laws. No California, rolling stops. No, I don't exceed the speed limits. You see; I believe in the laws, and I have never had a hard time living within the laws, especially the laws of the road, because those things you say I probably do, could result in accidentally taking the life of another, and I certainly don't want to have that hanging over my head for the remainder of my life. If I accidently hurt or killed some one, that is different than knowingly breaking the laws and doing the same!

PLEASE don't transfer your lack of respect to people like me! Not all of us are contemptuous and lawless!

I worked for the state for nearly twenty years; I took and taught employee defensive driving courses, and I really am as straight as an arrow on the road. I don't even text or talk on the phone while driving! My main job was enforcing the statutues, laws, code and policies of the state and local government Child day care licensing!!! It would be hypocritical of me to enforce laws on one hand, and break them on another! NO, I am not like you are trying to make me out to be, and if you are like this, shame on you!

You see; I look at laws as being there for a purpose, and they are not there to simply say, try to do this as best you can, but if you don't agree with the laws, do what you feel like and try to be safe while breaking it!"

Your approach to laws is what is wrong with the younger generation. Laws are not for you! They are for the foolish, but, not for you! That is a shame, because your contempt for the laws of this country, the state, county and city, you live in were written for a purpose. If you don't like them, change them....BUT DON'T BREAK THEM!

#17 righteousdude2, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
  18. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

#18 Inspector Javert, Mar 9, 2014
  19. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

#19 Inspector Javert, Mar 9, 2014
  20. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

See, here is where just running your mouth turns on you and makes you looks foolish. Did you now say, "but I'll say yes, who hasn't broken a law?" Which is it?

Again, I will say keep this in mind when more laws regarding homosexuals and how they can be treated and confronted hit the books. They are coming and there is nothing you can do about it. I hope to see you trumpeting the same sentiment then... though, I expect your argument with change dramatically when it's a law that works against your moral opinions.

So, don't talk about you because I don't know you, but you are fine with doing the same to me? I do not wish to send mass waves of hard working families into one of the worst hells you can imagine so I am now a disrespectful child who is lawless and has no respect for the law? Get thee behind me hypocrite. Bullies playbook on debate strikes again. You have no argument!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.