1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Candidates in 2016

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

2. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

Ya know...I re-read Rand Paul's position on various issues, and I think I have changed my mind about him.

He is opposed to abortion. Was against the bank and auto industry bailouts. Supports tax cuts and a balanced budget amendment. Wants to eliminate the Dept of Education. Opposes subsidizing energy companies. Is pro border control. And he has said he was opposed to the legalization of Marijuana. There seems to be some question about whther he was misquoted or not, I dunno...but if he is against legalizing pot, I support that. I had also thought he supported same-sex marriage too, but apparently he doesnt.

So he sounds a bit like a social conservative and I like that. Maybe I was wrong about Rand Paul. :smilewinkgrin:

I'm curious as to what his postion on Israel is.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Actually all those alive during the 90's have fairly intimate knowledge of the Clinton marriage. Don't know what planet you were on during those years pj!

Just what understanding?

Israel and Palestine?????

United States and Iran???????

United States and Russia???????

United States and North Korea??????????

South Korea and North Korea??????????????

Al Queda and the United States, or any western country???????????????

The Taliban and the United States or any western country???????????????

Al Queda in Libya and Ambassador Stephens?????????????????

The relatives of the four Americans murdered in Benghazi and whether the how and why "really matters or not", to paraphrase her remarks??????????????????????

The American people and the events in Benghazi??????????????????

4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I hope you are correct. I would probably vote for Hillary in 2016.

5. OldRegular

If the American electorate has any sense, and they have demonstrated otherwise in the last two elections, they will be sick of the leftist/democrats in 2016,

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

In that case then they'll all rise up and vote for a republican Goldman/Monsanto man or woman that'll pick up where the current Goldman/Monsanto man leaves off. The banks and corporations run the show and that's exactly what the national elections are a show.

Turn the channel. It's time to change the program. Supporting politicians that are owned by the banks and corporations will get us the same thing in 2016 as it has all along. Makes no different if a politician is a rightie or a leftie when they all belong to the banksters and corporitos.

#46 poncho, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
  7. OldRegular

I haven't heard of the
    Perhaps you will enlighten this old country boy!

8. OldRegular

Admit it. You would vote for a yellow dod if it ran as a democrat. Perhaps they will run an "it" in 2016 to tie up all the pervert votes.

9. General Mung Beans

In other words Senator Paul lacks even the one realistic position his father held regarding the War on Drugs. Depending on his views on foreign policy, this make him virtually indistinguishable from any of the other Tea Partiers who might run for President.

10. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I'd vote for a Tea Party candidate. At least they read the Constitution. Unlike the so-called constitutional lawyer hell bent on its destruction.

11. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

No, not anyone. I actually supported Clinton over Obama in 2000. It's a long way till 2016, a lot will probably happen between now and then.

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have a website for him? I would like to see his platform - and I'm surprised he has already named a running mate.

Not necessarily - two years ago, Carl Paladino ran for NY Governor. He was conservative in many ways - but had a problem with his foot - it kept falling into his mouth.

He organized the T. E. A. (Taxed enough Already) Party and became the nominee. NY has the fusion ballot and a candidate can run on more that one line. In fact most candidates are on at least two and some are even on 3 or 4 separate lines. On the TEA party he received 25,821 votes.

Bottom line - just because candidate is from the TEA party, Conservative Party, ect - does not mean I will vote for them. Good possibility I will - but I do stay o top of things so I know the full story.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Sure no problem. Who were Romney's campaign contributors? The banksters. Wall Street Goldman Sachs. Where did Romney make his money? Working as a PR man for Monsanto.

Who makes up Obama's administration? The banksters. Wall Street Goldman Sachs. Who did Obama appoint to head up the FDA? A Monsanto Man.

This last national election was between two Goldman Sachs Monsanto men.

Who really runs the country? <---[ link ] Gee it's sooooo hard to figure out.

#53 poncho, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
  14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

If you try to stay on top of things how is you keep missing the links between the Wall Street Federal Reserve Goldman Sachs banksters, the conglomerated transnational corporations and the "candidates"?

If you voted for Romney or Obama you voted for a Goldman/Monsanto man. Maybe you should start looking into who owns the candidates instead of what the candidates are saying.

#54 poncho, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
  15. OldRegular

Two leftist democrats? Tough choice!

16. OldRegular

poncho I am not going to minimize the impact of the Wall Street Bankers on the government. It is far too great and in my opinion was made worse by deregulation of banks. Something will eventually have to be dons. Crony capitalism will kill the Constitutional Republic just as quickly as the leftists. Of course when the left ties in with Wall Street it simply accelerates everything!

17. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Well, I imagine you might have to get used to President Hillary Clinton, like you have President Obama. Look at it like this, if it happens this way you will have another four or eight years to complain. :laugh:

18. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

When was the last time the Dem's had more than 8 years in the Whitehouse?

19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    FDR/Truman FDR won becuse of the Depression during the administration of Republician Herbert Hoover.

20. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Ironic that it could happen again as, once again, we have a Dem driving us into a depression.