1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can't get unsick!

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Gina B, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

A couple weeks ago the stomach flu attacked me. Everyone else had it for about two days. Mine lingered and keeps coming back in waves. I've called off work the last two days and I was REALLY looking forward to my December paycheck, which will now be smaller. (once a month pay and one month behind)
    It's kicked off my migraines and now I'm in something I haven't experienced since I lived in Ohio years ago...the chronic "aura" phase where the migraine is in the background threatening and there's a fog of nausea and sensitivity to sound and light that just won't leave.

I HATE THAT FOG and really want to be able to make the holidays nice for my husband and kids, and
    I'm pretty sure getting up and running to the potty retching or with stomach pain isn't a good way to impart holiday joy!

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying you feel better quickly! I know how frustrating it is to have illness linger until you're ready to pull out your hair. :1_grouphug:

3. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

So sorry, Gina! Praying that you feel better!!!

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thanks. The distractions of the holiday are definitely helping keep my mind off of it. (so along with zofran when I the phenergan gets me too tired!)

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I am still praying for you in spite of distractions.

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thank you! Today seems like a much better day. Still got a background headache and some queasiness but I ate a meal last night and munched on little things here and there today and so far it all stayed down with minimal queasiness.
    I've lost a tiny bit of weight, (if I was smaller it would actually be noticeable!) so there IS an upside to this!

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That didn't last long. Nausea's back full force and got a fever spiking now. I felt pretty okay at work, now I'm wondering if I'll have to cancel it for tomorrow.

This is like a very slow nightmare.

8. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

I will be joinging others in praying for you, Gina that God will heal you and make you feel much better!:praying::1_grouphug: