1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Capital 1 independent baptist

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by captaindave, Sep 18, 2002.

1. captaindave

captaindave New Member

There is a church in north AL that is loosely associated with this movement.Can anyone here tell me what this group is or any particulars about it?I would ask them myself but I'd probably offend someone. Thanks,Dave

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the movement, captaindave? Is it called Capital 1? I have never heard of anything like that.

3. captaindave

captaindave New Member

Neither have I.Since we are planning to move to this area,I thought that I would check some churches out before our move.If I can't get any info here,I'll just have to e-mail that church and hope that I get an answer.I've e-mailed some in the past year and just asked a few general question [​IMG] [​IMG] s and never got a response.Guess that they don't want any new people in their church. Dave

4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By the way, welcome to the Baptist Board. [​IMG] I notice that you are new. Why don't you visit the Welcome to Baptist Board.com" forum and introduce yourself to everyone.

I look forward to your participation here. If you e-mail and get information on that movement, be sure and let us know.

5. captaindave

captaindave New Member

I e-mailed the church in AL,told them what I had heard(from another preacher in that area)and the pastor got very upset,said that he had never heard if a capital 1 movement or group and that his church was no part of ANY group,movement or assn.So now I have 2 preachers mad at me and all I did was ask a simple question.Why the untruth was told to me,I do not know.Since it's been a week and I have not heard from either of them,I have to assume we are not welcome to visit either church now.I don't believe there is such a group and never was.Please pray for us as we continue to look for a church in AL. Thanks