1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Captive woman had at least 6 children by father

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by dragonfly, Apr 27, 2008.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    stuff like this is worldwide, although kept very secret, sometimes by the victim/s and their families because of the social stigma.

this morning I was listening to Ravi Zacharias' program and he had a sort of question and answer and one question was about the fall. The gist of the question was: if Eve sinned, and then enticed Adam to sin like her, why should the whole human race be condemned for their sin ?

reading yuck news like this, I don't wonder.

The human nature is sick, some sicker than others.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

How utterly dispicable.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I am praying for this family and all who have been in situations like this... :praying:

5. queenbee

queenbee Member

I find it utterly poignant/revealing how God will lead you to something when you least suspect it.

Just yesterday, I was at a well-known book chain sourcing out some reading materials in the Religion section when I came across this tiny, 5 x 7 book called http://stumblingtowardfaith.com/about.shtml by Renee Altson.

I didn't read through many chapters, (the store was near closing time), but the chapters I managed to get through were absolutely riveting.

This is a story of a 37-yr old incest survivor and her search for & return to God, in light of unspeakable acts perpetrated against her by a relative. Well-written, mind-numbing and, an incredible testament to personal strength and faith found and renewed.

In the space of 24 hours, from reading bits of this book, an Austrian woman and her children become headline news as a result of their terrible 20+ year ordeal. What terrible anguish and pain we humans can inflict on each other! I can only hope and pray that this woman and her children will find that same comfort and peace through a loving God who has neither abandoned or denied them as Altson came to realize. We all need to be in prayer for this family.

#5 queenbee, Apr 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2008