1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Carl Marks"

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Lacy Evans, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

On another thread, a link was provided to a critique of a book by Joey Faust, "The Rod, Will God Spare It?".

Here is the link:
    http://p079.ezboard.com/fthemidweekrapturefrm166.showMessage?topicID=10.topic

This thread topic does not directly concern the book or the doctrines of Millennial Exclusion or Pauline Dispensationalism.

Instead I want to discuss the reviewer's (Carl Denson) "Marking Technique". Carl Denson believes we should "mark" folks who cause divisions, etc. I agree.
    Where I disagree is with the questionable nature of his "marking". Here are some random examples from the review.

(NOTE: Faust is a personal friend of mine and this statement is absolutely laughable. Joey pastors a small church that can hardly pay him anything. When I lived there he had to teach guitar just to get by.)

I am just curious. Do most agree that this is what Paul had in mind when he said to "Mark them"?

Lacy

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

As a few here have had the liberty to post similar stuff from Ruckman's writings, brother let me be the first to say that you have done no wrong.

With that in mind, I believe that the posted comments are indeed spiritual but not of the Holy Spirit.

I cannot in my wildest fantasies imagine brother Paul saying any of those things when dealing with someone he disagreed with, nor can I find such a spirit in any of his writings. Unless of course one were to rip out of context a word, phrase or principle.

I remember a sermon I once preached. it was titled Christian Cussing. My topic text was;
    Eph 4:29
    Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
    And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
    Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
    And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

And:
    Jas 3:6
    And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
    With:
    Jas 3:8
    But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
    Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
    Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
    Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
    Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

My point was to address the practice of Christians who mince their cursings and disguise it with "shucks" "dang" "golly" etc,but God looks upon the heart and is not pleased when we "dress up" the filthy cursing of the world in Christian clothing. I could not have even used this stuff you posted. It is too vile for decent company.

In HIS service;
    Jim

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not necessary to use that language. Nor to have this up for discussion. We all agree.