1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carnality

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Truth Seeker, Jun 8, 2007.

1. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I agree 100% on that take of Hebrews 6, and agree on the part about the dog. ;)

And I have to say that I agree with the fact that someone has to say to a person who continues to commit fornication (whether it's once a decade or 3 times a year) that they need to repent and stop. I think that, especially in this case, the message needs to be coupled with compassion, because the OP is not trying to excuse it or justify it. I have very little compassion for those who try to excuse and justify it. Maybe I should learn some. I don't know.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

He was honest enough to tell us the truth about himself. I am not beating up on him. I think as Christians, it is our duty to be bold enough to stand on the truth and tell the man that a Christian does not commit fornication year after year, so he will know the truth and can make it right with God before its too late. I do not want him to be told false and blinded ways that will lead him to death. I am a minister of God, and I will tell man and women what is the truth to be saved and go to Heaven, even if I have to suffer abuse.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

• Why spend the rest of your life asking forgiveness for one sin? Is God hard of hearing? Does He change his mind regarding offering forgiveness to the repentant? (1 John 1:9, et al). I'm no making light of the sin...but God promises forgiveness if we repent. Continually asking for forgiveness for a sin He's already forgiven...that would show a lack of faith IMO. (Disclaimer...I'm NOT making light of the seriousness of adultery).
    • What in the world do you mean, "If I ever felt that God had forgiven me..." Who cares about feelings? The fact of 1 John 1:9 trumps any feelings we may or may not have. If God promises forgiveness for the repentant, then whether we "feel" forgiven is irrelevant.
    • I understand getting out of leadership positions in church if one is overtaking in a sin, rebelling, etc. But should we "forsake the assembling of ourselves together?" Of all the times one should be in church--accountable to other believers, learning with them, learning to serve, etc...if there was ever a time to be in church, it would be right then.
    Nor do I. Nor does anyone I've met on the BB.

Not a soul here is aruging that, or even implying it.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I am so glad that we are agreeing on something all the way.

BBob,

5. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Like I said, I don't think a Christian can lose his salvation, no matter what he does. But there ARE serious consequences, especially for fornication. The Bible calls special attention to this sin because it is the one sin against one's own body, which is a temple of the Holy Spirit. If you warn such a person, it is for his own good.

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

This is just me, but I feel if I committed adultery now while in the church that I had been fooled all these years in myself and I needed to get out and not play the hypocrit anymore so I could get right. But that me,

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Thank you, and I totally agree, except I may be a hard nose but I just do not believe the children of God commit such acts. We are saved by His Grace and the Grace does not stop there but continues with us all the way to Heaven.

BBob

8. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Ok..lets backup here. You cannot address sin problems till you are honest...and this statement is not honest. Once you are honest, you can deal with it in a real way. Maybe this is why you cannot stop.

We all sin to some point. I have my own battles. But it was not till I saw my desire for what they are, that I was able to over come them. This is not a super pill fix...but a honest view of self.

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'm not trying to argue we should be robot-like. But our relationship with God, at its most basic level, is based upon facts (His Word and His promises). Of course in most cases of brokenness, repentance, etc., feelings will be involved...and often intense. But they are not the prime motivation for what's going on.

There are times I don't "feel" as close to God as others. Now...that might be conviction. But on the other hand, I didn't "feel" particularly righteous last weekend...and that was due to not enough sleep at Junior High camp.

Sometimes, our feelings will be trumped with fact. There are times that I might not "feel" forgiven. But I'll take God's promises--which do not change--over my changeable, shifting feelings any day of the week.

Bob, I'm not arguing with you as much as I am clarifying what role feelings play in the process of repentance, etc.

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

That is good James and good to see you again,

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I agree, I am a sick man and have to preach every Sunday and sometimes this old body is so weak, I have a hard time getting through the service, so I understand what you are saying.

12. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Whoa, I missed this, and Jarthur is right. Yes, 3 or 4 times a year, even once a year is continual sin. It doesn't matter how often you do it. It's continual until you stop. Stop, and stop pretending it's not continual.

13. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hello Brother Bob,

It is good to see you again. We are hardly online at the same time. Email me when you have time and give me a update on things.

In Christ...James

14. Accountable

Accountable New Member

Brother Bob,

Let me start out by stating that I do not agree with the tones in many of these blogs but I must agree that you are taking some scripture out of context.

Not to change the conversation but much of your scripture deals with soul or life salvation and have nothing to do with the finished wor at Calvary that gives the spirit life that we now may say we have eternal life.

I am glad to see you posting scripture. Most people tell what they think and not what "Thus Saith the LORD." But I must say, with you leaving no comentary, you are leaving the interprestaion very open for debate. Not that your ideas nor mine are worth a dime of Gold but we need you to verify to us what you are trying to prove when you leave verses.
    With some that you have left I could take it to mean that you are Arminian. On the other hand I could find you to be Lordship Salvational. Both of which hold no place within Antiqued Baptist Distinctives.

My salvation is not dependent upon how I act after I am saved (Eternal, not age lasting). I should have fruits but they are not guaranteed to be good! We will be judge one day. As believers, we will stand before Christ Jesus and give an account for our works both good and bad. How can our bad works be judged if we have none?

15. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Yes...that is just one of two things I see in Truth Seeker statement that is not 100%honest. I hope TS see's this on his own, and replies. If not, I will share my feelings

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Accountable
    It seems that because I called others hand on this that my tones are too harsh. I don't know any other way to put it, but to give scripture which show that children of God do not commit fornication 3 times a year, year after year.

If someone calls themself a pastor, preacher or whatever and don't point that out to a person doing these things, He is not doing his job. IMO. They for sure are not helping the OP, by not telling him that Christians don't do things like that. The sword cuts both ways and if it hurts, it not my word but God's. I can't believe that I have to defend against fornication yearly!IMO

I do not believe in a fall if that is what you are referring to.

#56 Brother Bob, Jun 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2007
  17. Accountable

Accountable New Member

Respectfully and with a softy answer, I do not appreciate your false accusations. There is bitterness in your conversation my brother.

Not once have I said that I condone fornication.
    Not once have I even hinted that I would not preach against it.
    If you want to know indeed what I do believe and teach, why not ask instead of assuming. My blogs have dealt directly with what you have said and others and are not based upon false assumptions.

You state that you cannot believe that you have to defend against fornication. I can't believe that I to defend eternal security. Brother Bob, I do not know if you a re a preacher or teacher or layman but I hardly believe that your church is full of perfect people who commit no sin.

To say that I am easy on fornication would be false. My position is stronger against fornication than most here. I believe, according to Scripture, that there is SEVERE punishment at the Judgement Seat of Christ for fronicators. THEY SHALL SUFFER LOSS. BUT they shal be SAVED SO AS BY FIRE.

For a thousand years they will experience punishment for their works of the flesh. I pray that you do not now assume that I believe it's okay to be saved an commit fornication.

Please correct me if I am wrong for I do not want to falsely accused but I pray you do believe that glorification is a future event and that we are yet to be perfect.

Please, reconsider some of the harshness you place upon others before you reply and let us have debate with dignity.

P.S. for the record, When I said I disagreed about the harsh tones, it was directed at others I felt were not being dignified with their answers to you. You jumped the gun with your reply to me.

I will be traveling today to share God's WQord in the mountains with the Indians, I will not be able to reply till tonight or in the morning. Whenever I get electricity!
    Let us continue with respect, Accountable

#57 Accountable, Jun 14, 2007
  18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I do hope you will go back and read the entire thread, and point out to me when I became harsh, so I can go back and see why I did so? I think we should compare the posts when someone is accused of being harsh, so we can see if there was a reason.

God Bless,

#58 Brother Bob, Jun 14, 2007
  19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, these kinds of sins happen to believers and apparently even whole churches can be given over to this madness. Take the Church of Thyatira to whom Jesus adresses:

Revelation 2
    20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
    21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
    22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
    23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

There seems that this spirit of Jezebel is in the world and magnified in these days, infiltrating the Church as well.

He will give us time but that time can and will run out unless we rethink our "life style".​

1 John 3
    2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
    3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.​

1 Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:​

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,​

1 Corinthians 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.​

HankD​

20. CheeseCrackerKidd

CheeseCrackerKidd New Member

I thought I read somewhere that threads of sexual nature are not to be posted in the general public? or was I mistaken?

Red flags folks.