1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carney Unable to Identify Capital of Israel

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by HankD, Jul 27, 2012.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. targus

targus New Member

It was a trick question.

Since Obama probably doesn't believe in Israel's right to exist why would he believe that there is a capital?

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This is embarrassing for the Obama administration. Either Carny really doesn't know (that would be embarrassing enough) or he won't say - which is worse than embarrassing.

Somebody needs to ask this at every press conference until he answers.

#3 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2012
  4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I saw your post and didn't know who Carny was OR the capital.
    I didn't even know anyone considered Jerusalem a part of Israel. I've always heard to the contrary on that issue.
    Then again, I'm not the President or spokesperson for a nation. Still, I feel like I should have known. Ah well. Now I do.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

We all know that the US recognises Tel Aviv as the capital. Why could he not just say it?

Maybe he just couldn't remember on the spot? If so, why not just say that?

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's my take: The reason it is officially Tel Aviv is that certain situations in Jerusalem is a pain in the toe to Iraelis.

Namely, they do not possess the Herodian Temple Site which was razed by the Roman general Titus in AD70.
    It is presently under the control of the islamic/moslem world.

While Jerusalem was recognized as the capital in 1950 it was not officially accepted locally or internationly.

Once the Temple Site is retruned to Israel, a Red Heifer found (Numbers 19), slaughtered, burnt and its ashes disseminated over the land and temple site for purification, then the temple can be rebuilt and once again Jerusalem will be the official judaic site of blood sacrifices and the return to "biblical Judaism" (as opposed to Talmudic Judaism).

HankD

7. targus

targus New Member

As though Obama or Carney are aware of any of that ! :laugh:

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thank you, friend.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh yes I believe they are.

If Obama says Jerusalem is the Capital then it would probably indicate that he is favor of the islamic-moslem claim to the temple ground.

If he says Tel Aviv then that might be interpreted as him siding with Israeli religious factions who won't claim Jerusalem as the capital until the Temple grounds are cleansed and returned to Israel (by violence if necessary).

This is a sore issue and is one of the prime factors which may cause a Palestinian-Israeli war to break out. The last time a Red Heifer was found (very rare) by Israeli rabbis a near shooting conflict broke out.

But alas 3 white spots were found on the red heifer and she was disqualified for sacrifice.

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/j041502.html

HankD

#9 HankD, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012