1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Castaway: Picking the scab of Christian accountability

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by James_Newman, Oct 18, 2006.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Dare you put yourself in the place of God, to be so omniscient, that you have absolute knowledge to know what each and every believer has already stored up in heaven as reward already. You are very arrogant, are you not? You are claiming to be God Himself!

Revelation 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, But they are not in a theological treatise such as the Book of Romans.
    They are in a parable.
    Some lessons in hermeneutics are in order aren't they?

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Do you think God doesn't have a prison?

2 Peter 2:4
    4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

4. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I can show you from scripture that parabolic warnings are to be taken literaly.

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

What a foolish statement.

Stored up in heaven means you are not in possession of them. They are not physically yours yet.

And I don't have to place myself as God nor be all knowing. I just have to believe what has been revealed in God's Word and it plainly tells us that there are going to be those Christians that stand before Christ on that day with absolutely not a single solitary good work to show. EVERYTHING will be burned as wood, hay as stuble.

So for you to accuse me (by the way I thought we weren't supposed to do that?) of lifting myself to the place of God is beyond foolish.

Maybe you need to stop and think about what is being said instead of spouting off at the mouth. You know the ole saying it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you a fool then to open your mouth and prove it . . .