1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Casual weed smoking linked to brain abnormalities, study finds

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Apr 15, 2014.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had a friend who used Coppenhagen snuff. He said it was relaxing, something he enjoyed, and was primary a natural product. In moderation he did not see any harm effects. He did lose a few teeth and had two cancerous spots removed – one from his gum and one from his tongue - (but this was not, in his opinion, due to the snuff). My father likewise enjoyed cigarettes, with much the same opinion until he died of lung cancer at 52.
    It really doesn’t bother me if someone wants to smoke weed (unless that someone was my child), but I do think that the risks associated with the drug need to be out there before one makes that choice – perhaps they will be more effective towards a younger generation. If one makes the choice to engage in such behavior it is difficult for them to accept the potential consequences as potential for them.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Man I have so always felt this even with no study being done. The more lax we become about what it's okay for us to do in moderation, the more evident it becomes to me that God hasn't INTENDED for us to partake of this stuff at all.

I don't drink. Never had a drop of alcohol. I don't smoke. Never been anywhere near marijuana.

Never taken anything for depression or anxiety or inability to focus.

And I have sworn for years that there is something extremely WRONG with the brains of a lot of folks who do these things individually or in some sort of combination.

They don't think right. Their emotions are up and down. They get depressed easily. They are easily agitated. Forget the major things because they have a hard time dealing with little minor, trivial stuff. And they are often times suicidal. Either they have tried or talk about wanting to just die or they wish God will just take them away.

I've noticed a pattern that they all seem to have very weak minds and just can't deal with what appear to be just very simple, basic problems.

#22 Zaac, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  3. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Awesome...something TND and I can agree on! :thumbs:

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aside from the fact that pot kills brain cells, it is the height of stupidity to light something on fire and intentionally inhale the smoke from it.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Lots of studies have been done that shows consuming alcohol kills millions of brain cells. Yet it's legal.

The FDA admits on it's own website that the prescription drugs it allows on the market kill 100,000 people every year. That's one million people in ten years.

And yet the deaths go on year after year.

I call for a total ban on stupidity then!

Michael Bloomberg move over . . .

#25 poncho, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  6. Winman

Winman Active Member

OK, how about this one?

[​IMG]

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: Now that could be pot.