1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catechesis

Discussion in 'Homeschooling Forum' started by DocTrinsoGrace, Sep 8, 2013.

1. DocTrinsoGrace

DocTrinsoGrace New Member

Henry Jessey was an early Baptist. He developed a catechism for young children in the mid 1600's. It was called A Catechism for Little Ones. I used a catechism for one of my son's homeschooling; later we used one for my grandchildren. In both these cases, I used the Westminster Shorter Catechism. I wish I had known, at that time, about Jessey's.

For those of you homeschoolers that use a catechism, might I ask which one?

Note: Our homeschooling days are now over. Nonetheless, I was curious to know what other Baptists might be using.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We are SUPPOSED to be using the Westminster Shorter but my husband "borrowed" it from us and now he can't find it!! LOL This would be for 8th grade Sonlight (Core 200).

3. LadyofLight

LadyofLight New Member

http://oldfashionededucation.com/biblestudy.htm

Have you heard of this site? They have a catechism in their library, and I suppose one that is exclusively baptist could be subsituted, although I wouldn't know the difference off hand.