1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catholic Bashing Threads/Posts

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by GodlyWoman, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. standingfirminChrist

I will not step foot in that den of iniquity called the Catholic Church.

2. standingfirminChrist

The Catholic Church teaches one to pray to Mary... among other heresies. My advice to you is to flee idolatry.

3. GodlyWoman

GodlyWoman New Member

So then why is that NOT the case here?

4. Joe

Joe New Member

Unless you have scriptural proof Mary is anything but a mere human, you have based your belief system on shaky ground. I pray you get serious regarding your own salvation and read your Bible so you may know the truth. It's easy, grab yourself an NIV and go for it :thumbs:
    People do not need to become Catholic to know the stuff you are spewing out is sac religious.

You need to come up with some other verse aside from Mary being called Blessed.
    Children are called Blessings from God but obviously, they are just mere children.

5. standingfirminChrist

Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

This isn't a fair way to look at it. One doesn't have to attend a RCIA course to know the difference between being a Catholic and not. A person can read, learn and decide what is right and wrong without a course.

Is stealing wrong? Murder? Selling drugs? If you answer yes, then have you ever stolen, killed or sold drugs? Been put in prison and "seen" the error" of that style of life?

I am sure everyone will agree that one doesn't need to live he life of a Theft, Murderer or someone that sells drugs to know it's wrong. The same thing can be said about Catholics. You don't have to attend a course to know what is right or wrong about it.

Jamie

7. GodlyWoman

GodlyWoman New Member

I know many Catholics who don't think all Protestants are heade for hell. There may be some who think that, but ceratinly not alll Catholics believe that.

Because you MUST believe similarly as us to partake in communion. What's wrong with that? There is even closed communion on the Protestant side of things.

When I went to Washington D.C. in 1995 with the rest of the seniors in my high school class, the Abernathy's took us to a Baptist church in Maryland where the Pastor was a close friend of his. All of us were asked NOT to partake in their communion service even though we were Baptist simply because he didn't know if we believed in EVERYTHING they believed in. There is even a lkot of differences in beliefs among many of the Protestant denominations.

8. GodlyWoman

GodlyWoman New Member

Of course I believe Jesus is God. Jesus is God made flesh.

9. GodlyWoman

GodlyWoman New Member

There is a bif difference between the two and well... #2 seems to be really prevalent here. IMHO, it always has and probably always will be. Quite sad.

10. GodlyWoman

GodlyWoman New Member

I had a feeling all the Catholic bashing here was making some stop and wonder about stuff tot he point they'd start looking to see if it was actually true or not. I was telling my mom that I had no doubts the Catholic bashing was making some people convert to a liturgically based religion other than Catholicism, which is usually the first stop for many before heading on to the Catholic church.

11. standingfirminChrist

What is really sad is you try to defend praying to Mary which is not even in the Word of God and you don't obey the Word that says when we pray we are to pray to God.

It does not say sometimes when you pray, or in some of your prayers. No, it says When you pray, pray to the Father.

12. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I was raised in the RCC and I know what they believe. They teach false doctrine. Do I dislike all Catholics and think they're all going to hell? No, most of my family is still Catholic. Most of them fail to realize that the same verses that are in MY Bible are also in THEIRS.

When an administrator or moderator sends you a PM, it would behoove you to respond to it...

An administrator and a moderator, both, have asked you on this thread if you are Catholic. Why do you refuse to answer?

13. GodlyWoman

GodlyWoman New Member

What about the people who came after the Apostles who carried on what the Apostles did and said? Aren't they worth looking at too? Or, are you just going to discard them like a dirty rag?

And that is fine. So do Catholics and members of other lirturgically based religions. they just see things in a fuller light than you do because they chose to go one step further and research... learn ... ask questions ... and make a sincere effort to see liturgically based beliefs for what they really are. You aren't there yet. and may never be there.

14. standingfirminChrist

When many are flocking to idol worship, it is just a fulfillment of Bible prophecy:
    2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

15. GodlyWoman

GodlyWoman New Member

How do you know Catholics and members of other liturgically based religions have false doctrine? Have you actually looked at the doctrines? Have you studied them in the same way hey have? Probably not. Therefore, how can you say these are false doctrine?

I can't see how somene can say doctrines of the Catholics and liturgically based religions are wrong when they've never cared to study them let alone learn from Catholics and members of other liturgically based religions.

16. GodlyWoman

GodlyWoman New Member

If you think I'm bashing Protestants then think again! I was calling it like I see it when I said, "I hope you enjoy wearing your self-centered, "Let's BASH Catholics!" hat" because there are those here who really do wear that hat!

17. standingfirminChrist

Since the Word of God is complete and not to be added to, those who came after the Apostles who were holding fast to the truth would not preach such heresies as 'One must pray to Mary,' or 'it is ok to pray to your dead ancestors.'

Catholics do not see things in a fuller light who do not see and obey the truth written in God's Word.

God's Word gives command to pray to God alone... not to Mary, or our grandmother or cousins.

18. GodlyWoman

GodlyWoman New Member

Whatever!

I can't see how somene can say doctrines of the Catholics and liturgically based religions are "so much different" when they've never cared to study them let alone learn from Catholics and members of other liturgically based religions or attend RCIA classes to learn more.

19. standingfirminChrist

Godlywoman, you wear your "Let's bash Christians' hat well.

20. GodlyWoman

GodlyWoman New Member

As I said earlier in this thread, I had a feeling all the Catholic bashing here was making some stop and wonder about stuff to the point they'd start looking to see if it was actually true or not. The more they look into things, the more they find out Catholics and members of other liturgically based religions are right in the things they do and say and what has been fed tot hem by people like you is wrong so they convert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.