1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catholic Bishops Take on Obama

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by targus, Apr 23, 2012.

1. targus

targus New Member

"The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops has taken a bold stand for religious freedom. In a recent statement, titled “Our First, Most Cherished Liberty,” the bishops call for repeal of contraception coverage mandated by the Department of Health and Human Services. The clarified position sets up a dramatic confrontation with the Obama administration—and would, if the bishops prevail, help preserve the religious liberty of all Americans."

SNIP

"The bishops call on Catholics in America, “in solidarity with our fellow citizens,” not to obey the law. They implicitly compare the HHS regulation to a segregation-era statute, and even cite Martin Luther King Jr.’s “Letter from a Birmingham Jail.” In a not-so-subtle manner, the bishops tell the Obama administration that they are willing to go to prison rather than comply with the mandate’s provisions."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/catholic-bishops-take-obama_640569.html

2. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Catholics will not be silenced. They are demanding and fighting for our First Amendment Rights of Religious Freedom. And they are willing to do this on behalf of themselves and on behalf of people of all faiths. The atheists, the leftist fanatics, and the Obama Administration are not silencing them. I still hear Christians who support Obama and cannot for the life of me understand it.

3. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    #3 Walter, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  4. Acebopata

Acebopata New Member

Obama V.S. Acebopata? Yeah, my view of Obama is not a one that would favor him. Here it is:

"Ask me about our president, and I would describe him as a kamikaze spend-thrift who has made the nation worse and hides behind his elegant speech, His family facade makes him seem pro-family, yet many of his policies, such as the contraception mandate, the sheer cost of the health care-bill, the contents their-in, and his signature of the NDAA Bill are anything but. Additionally, his excuse of the Bush bailouts and Bush's debts holds no excuse, especially when he had A, supported his own versions of bail-outs, and B, The Bush Bailouts where voted in partially by democrats, as they held the majority since 2006 until 2010 in both the house and senate. Over all, My personal opinion of the president is one who is simply that he is a bad choice for reelection, which many, but not all Americans feel."

#4 Acebopata, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  5. targus

targus New Member

This can't bode well for Obama's reelection efforts.

Perhaps a few Christians who were planning on not voting this time around will decide that the freedom of religion issue is enough to bring them to hold their noses and vote against Obama by voting for the Republican candidate that shall not be named here.