1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catholic Blasphemy Still Abounds

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by J.D., Jul 19, 2007.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The argument here is "the Popes and Cardinals ARE Catholic" and their published accepted teaching is verifiable. Once we accept this teaching and that the Pope speaks for the Catholic church -- we are free to read what he says and accept it as actual Catholic teaching. You can not argue that when a Catholic Pope or Cardinal claims this teaching it is "not a false accusation" but when a Non-Catholic admits that they are teaching it "it is a false claim".

Hindus have 3 main all powerful gods followed by about 3 million lesser gods. Many of whom turn out to be far less powerful than the RC goddess Mary.

All Powerful Mary – Appealing to the RCC goddess Mary as all-powerful

in Christ,

Bob

#21 BobRyan, Jul 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2007
  2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    #6. Extermination of the saints
    #7. Catholic Armies sent to kill Catholic Armies -- each having a Pope to call the other "AntiChrist"

These points ALSO come from pro-Catholic RC historians and from the very pro-Catholic RC Document "Lateran IV" that calls for "the extermination of heretics" that includes primarily protesting Catholics and Jews. (quotes available upon request).

My point is that I am NOT simply going to non-RC sources and "finding bad things to say about Catholics". That would be pointless. I am looking for PRO-Catholic well published sources that are ACCEPTED by Catholics. I am simply admitting to what THEY claim to be the facts.

Note to DHK: (I am NOT however arguing that Catholics that DO believe these statements published by THEIR own group - can not be saved if they accept what their leaders teach).

in Christ,

Bob

#22 BobRyan, Jul 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2007
  3. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This reminds me of some Catholics saying:

"The Lifetime Virgin Mary so loved the world that she gave her only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have the everlasting life."

"Without the Perpetual Virgin Mary, the World Redemption was absolutely impossible."

4. billwald

billwald New Member

BIG difference between blasphemy and being wrong . . . like "dedicating" infants instead of baptizing them.