1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gup20, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

From the Apostolic Digest

CHAPTER ONE
    DEVOTION TO OUR LADY
    IS NECESSARY FOR SALVATION

In me is all hope of life and virtue, in me is all grace of the way and the truth.

Ecclesiasticus 24:25

O chosen Queen of Heaven! You alone are the refuge of guilty mortals to whom so many a tearful eye, so many a wounded and miserable heart is raised . . . You, O elect Queen, are the gate of all grace, the door of compassion that has never yet been shut!

Bl. Henry Suso

Mary is the key to the gates of Heaven.

St. Ephrem

Open to us, O Mary, the gate of Paradise, since you have its keys!

St. Ambrose

God has entrusted the keys and treasures of Heaven to Mary.

St. Thomas Aquinas

No one can enter into Heaven except through Mary, as entering through a gate.

St. Bonaventure

This is the House of God and the Gate of Heaven.

Genesis 28:17

Mary is called "The Gate of Heaven" because no one can enter Heaven but through her means.

St. Alphonsus Maria Liguori

Holy Scripture was written for Mary, about Mary, and on account of Mary.

St. Bernard

Who is this Gate if not Mary? Mary is the Gate through which Christ entered this world!

St. Ambrose

We had closed Paradise; you, O Mary, opened the entryway to the tree of life again . . . You are the bridge to life, the staircase to Heaven!

St. John Damascene

She is the stairway to Heaven, and the gate of Paradise!

St. Lawrence Justinian

All the Saints have a great devotion to Our Lady: no grace comes from Heaven without passing through her hands. We cannot go into a house without speaking to the doorkeeper. Well, the Holy Virgin is the doorkeeper of Heaven.

St. John Mary Vianney

All gifts, virtues, and graces of the Holy Ghost are administered by the hands of Mary to whomsoever she desires, when she desires, and in the manner she desires, and to whatever degree she desires.

St. Bernardine of Siena

She opens the abyss of God's mercy to whomsoever she wills, when she wills, and as she wills, so that there is no sinner however great who is lost if Mary protects him . . . All men: past, present, and to come, should look upon Mary as the means and negotiator of the salvation of all ages.

St. Bernard

Through you, Most Holy Lady, all glory, honor, and holiness vouchsafed to the human race from Adam to the last ages has been granted, is being granted, will be granted to apostles, prophets, Martyrs, and all the just and humble of heart.

St. Ephrem

Mary is the dispensatrix of all the graces God bestows on man.

St. Bernardine of Siena

No man is delivered or preserved from the world-wide snares of Satan except through Mary; and God grants His graces to no one except through her alone.

St. Germanus of Constantinople

God has decided that we should receive everything from the Father, from the Son, and from the Holy Spirit, and from the Immaculata. This is the only path that each and every grace can follow.

St. Maximilian Mary Kolbe

Every grace granted to man in this life has three successive steps: from God it comes to Christ, from Christ to the Virgin, and from the Virgin it descends to us.

St. Bernardine of Siena

All graces that have ever been bestowed on men, all of them came through Mary.

St. Antoninus

Every grace and blessing possessed by the Church, all the treasures of light, holiness, and glory that abide in her, on earth as well as in Heaven, all are due to the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary . . . Let us acknowledge, then, that her heart is the origin of everything noble, rich, and precious in all the holy souls who form the universal Church in Heaven and on earth. It is the source of salvation.

St. John Eudes

The Lord has placed in Mary the plenitude of all good, so that if any hope, or grace, or salvation is in us, we know that we derive it all from Mary.

St. Bernard

Every good, every help, every grace which men have received and will receive from God until the End of Time, came, and will come, to them by the intercession and through the hands of Mary . . . the whole Trinity gave thee a name, O Mary, which after that of thy most holy Son is above every name, so that at thy name every knee should genuflect in heaven, on earth, and under the earth, and every tongue should confess the grace, the glory, and the power of thy most holy name.

Bl. Raymond Jordano

The admirable name of Mary came forth from the treasury of the Divinity, and through it Redemption was effected.

St. Peter Damian

There is no reconciliation, O Mary, except that which thou didst conceive in thy virginity, no justification save that which thou didst nurture inviolately in thy womb, no salvation but that which thou didst immaculately bear. Therefore, O Lady, thou art the mother of justification and of the justified, thou art the begetter of reconciliation and of the reconciled, the Mother of salvation and of the saved. O blessed assurance, O refuge without fear! The Mother of God is our mother, too! The mother of Him in Whom alone we hope, Whom alone we fear, is our mother. We have for our mother the mother of Him Who alone can save us, Who alone will be our judge!

St. Anselm

For this reason, all creatures are obligated to render her respect and homage as to their Queen and Sovereign to whom they belong and upon whom they depend, and will depend, for all eternity.

St. John Eudes

Mary became for herself and for all men the cause and fountain of salvation.

St. Francis de Sales

Eve became the cause of death; Mary became the cause of our salvation.

St. Ephrem

More "Drivel"...

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Still waiting for you to respond to my points. Your continual evasion is noted.

3. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

Yet you have time to evade the specifics. You have time to point the finger and play pharisee. The fact that you have dodged my points is noted. Typical. Rather than acknowlege your error, you give a copout response. More typical. </font>[/QUOTE]Your points are typical of those who have no understanding of Catholicism...Do you affirm the Jesus of the divine mercy image? Do you affirm the Jesus in a Wafer? Do you affirm the "Sacred heart of Jesus"?
    [​IMG]
    Sounds like we have a Cheerleader for the Pope? :D

Only Christ Saves!

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

More romaphobic rhetoric. That wasn't the point at all. YOu asked for one Catholic doctrine that is Christian. I gave you three:

The Trinity
    The Deity of Christ
    The Virgin Birth
    Not at all. I said (not that you listened) that I'm not defending doctrines of Catholicism that I believe to be false. If you were truly objective, which clearly you are not, you wouldn't be coming off with infantile rants.

You asked for three doctrines that were Christian. I gave you three. Rather than objectively discuss, you subjectively rant, and then have the fortitide of accusing me of not being objective. How laughable you sound right now.

5. ptl4evr

ptl4evr New Member

It's too bad you won't take the time to see what these great people are saying. You must understand that word meanings and phrases change as our culture changes. What these people are saying is that God used Mary to bring us the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ.

Example:
    Mary is called "The Gate of Heaven" because no one can enter Heaven but through her means.

St. Alphonsus Maria Liguori

At first glance you would think that this person is saying there is only salvation through Mary. But what it is saying is that Jesus is her means of salvation "through her means" and we are saved thrugh her means, Jesus.

This is why we need church leaders and scholars to interpet these sayings and the bible for us. Because people like you twist the true meaning and spread hatred lies.

In no way has the Catholic Church ever taught that Mary saves us. Yes there are many people who mistakenly beleive this, you included. I'm sure Johnv's priest friend will confirm this. Ask him johnv.

6. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

More romaphobic rhetoric. That wasn't the point at all. YOu asked for one Catholic doctrine that is Christian. I gave you three:

The Trinity
    The Deity of Christ
    The Virgin Birth
    Not at all. I said (not that you listened) that I'm not defending doctrines of Catholicism that I believe to be false. If you were truly objective, which clearly you are not, you wouldn't be coming off with infantile rants.

You asked for three doctrines that were Christian. I gave you three. Rather than objectively discuss, you subjectively rant, and then have the fortitide of accusing me of not being objective. How laughable you sound right now.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Bravo well said! I now have better things to do...

Only Christ Saves!

7. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

BALONEY!!

God Himself is Subject, Submissive, and Obedient to Mary

"Since grace enhances our human nature and glory adds a still greater perfection to grace, it is certain that our Lord remains in heaven just as much the Son of Mary as he was on earth. Consequently he has retained the submissiveness and obedience of the most perfect of all children towards the best of all mothers....When therefore we read in the writings of Saint Bernard, Saint Bernardine, Saint Bonaventure, and others that all in heaven and on earth, even God himself, is subject to the Blessed Virgin, they mean that the authority which God was pleased to give her is so great that she seems to have the same power as God. Her prayers and requests are so powerful with him that he accepts them as commands in the sense that he never resists his dear mother's prayer because it is always humble and conformed to his will....
    "Since the principal mystery celebrated and honoured in this devotion is the mystery of the Incarnation where we find Jesus only in Mary, having become incarnate in her womb, it is appropriate for us to say, 'slavery of Jesus in Mary', of Jesus dwelling enthroned in Mary, according to the beautiful, prayer, recited by so many great souls, 'O Jesus living in Mary'." St. Louis de Montfort, in Treatise on True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin, #27, 246.
    http://www.ewtn.com/library/Montfort/TRUEDEVO.HTM

Those "great people" you speak of, I abhor their teachings to the utmost! Saints indeed...only in the minds of men...

Only Christ Saves!

8. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

Give no glory to this rubbish!

(Charles Spurgeon, "Christ the Glory of His People")

Alas! alas! It makes a Christian's blood boil to see
    glory given to a pack of scamps who call themselves
    priests!

Does it not make a man feel, when you see pictures
    of 'his holiness' and the cardinals, and so on, scattering
    their benedictions at the Vatican, or at St. Peter's, while
    admiring crowds fall down and worship them, that it were
    infinitely better to bow to the devil himself?

We give glory unto God, but not a particle of glory to
    anything in the shape of a man, or an angel either.

Have I not stood and seen the crowds by hundreds fall
    down and worship images and dressed up dolls? I have
    seen them worship bones and old teeth; I have seen
    them worship a skeleton, dressed out in modern costume
    said to be the skeleton of a saint.

I have marveled to see people so infatuated as to think
    that such idolatry was pleasing to the most high God.

We, brethren, the people of God, who know Christ, can give
    no glory to this rubbish, but turn away from it with horror!

Our glory must be given to Christ, and to Christ alone!

Christ and Christ only must be the grand object of the
    Christian; the promotion of His glory must be that for
    which he is willing to live, and for which, if needs be,
    he would be prepared to die.

Oh! down, down, down, with everything else--but up,
    up, up, with the cross of Christ!

Down with your baptism, and your masses, and your
    sacraments! Down with your priest-craft, and your rituals,
    and your liturgies! Down with your fine music, and your
    pomp, and your robes, and your garments, and all your
    ceremonials!

But up, up, up, with the doctrine of the naked cross,
    and the expiring Savior!

ONLY CHRIST SAVES [​IMG]

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

&lt;Chuckle&gt; you won't even acknowlege that you erred. Amusing.

10. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

[​IMG]

Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image , or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God , visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

ONLY CHRIST SAVES

11. ptl4evr

ptl4evr New Member

Pickerel,

You are a closed minded, hateful person. You can see nothing but your side of things because you are blinded by hate. You take everything that you see and hear out of context and twist it to serve your own hateful ideals. I cringe at the thought that you call yourself a christian. I may not agree with everything that other churches practice but I don't bash or judge them. Only God knows the heart and we will all be exposed at the end.

12. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

Spoken like a "True Catholic Apologist"! [​IMG]
    No Catholic Apologist can stand on the teachings of the "church" when held to the light of Scripture...henceforth only one tactic is available to him, the "personal attack"...! :rolleyes:

As for "bashing" how dare you accuse me of that when the RCC has over 100 "Anathemas" cursing me to hell for believing in Salvation thru "Faith Alone in Christ Alone"... :rolleyes:

As always I'll let God decide, who is the "hateful person"... [​IMG]

ONLY CHRIST SAVES!

13. RTG

RTG New Member

Pt4ever,what is your rendering of the picture above?What does it mean?Why are all these preists on there knees.Why would these men cause so many others to stumble by an act that looks so much like bowing to a graven image.You have studied are convinced that these images are pleasing to God.Do you have a image of the virgin mary,that you face and take the knee to while praying?It's not a sin to bow down to an idol if you are RC is it?Are we all blind?pt4ever I realize you may not want to respond,it's allright if you don't.Btw I don't think it fair to call Pickerel,a closed minded,or hateful person.God does know our hearts,thankfully God has given us his Word that we might know that we can't trust our hearts.Only Him.RTG

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Abother 24 hours has gone by, and Pickerel
    still hasn't acknowleged that he erred. At what point does that qualify as unrighteousness?

15. ptl4evr

ptl4evr New Member

Spoken like a "True Catholic Apologist"! [​IMG]
    No Catholic Apologist can stand on the teachings of the "church" when held to the light of Scripture...henceforth only one tactic is available to him, the "personal attack"...! :rolleyes:

As for "bashing" how dare you accuse me of that when the RCC has over 100 "Anathemas" cursing me to hell for believing in Salvation thru "Faith Alone in Christ Alone"... :rolleyes:

As always I'll let God decide, who is the "hateful person"... [​IMG]

ONLY CHRIST SAVES!
    </font>[/QUOTE]I am not a catholic apologist, probably the furthest thing from it.

16. ptl4evr

ptl4evr New Member

In the catholic faith they beleive in honoring mary and the saints. The reason for statues and things of that nature is to help them focus on the person they are honoring. Just like they have crucifixes. They in no way worship anyone but God. See the CCC section 971 and 1159 - 1162. Is it idle worship when you say the pledge of allegiance in front of a flag.

I call Pickerel closed minded not just because of his response to me but also to his response to Johnv, or lack thereof. He refuses to listen to anyone who disagrees with him and only listens to those who are on his side of the argument. Maybe you should try really learning what catholics teach instead of listening to those who really don't know. You may find that you agree with them on some things.

17. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

Well lets see some of the "practices" of the RCC...I heard say the "deity of Christ" and the "trinity" as being two of the doctrines that the RCC hold as gospel...I think a closer look is warranted to substantiate these claims...?

Lets take a look at the RCC's "New jesus" who is giving "New Revelations" throughout the world...

1) THE DIVINE MERCY IMAGE
    The Image of the Divine Mercy

The earliest element of the Devotion to the Divine Mercy revealed to St. Faustina was the Image. On February 22nd, 1931 Jesus appeared to her with rays radiating from His heart and said, (Diary 47)

I promise that the soul that will venerate this image will not perish. I also promise victory over its enemies already here on earth, especially at the hour of death. I myself will defend it as My own glory. (Diary 48)

I am offering people a vessel with which they are to keep coming for graces to the fountain of mercy. That vessel is this image with the signature" :Jesus, I trust in You." (Diary 327)

The two rays denote Blood and Water. the pale ray stands for the Water which makes souls righteous. The red ray stands for the Blood which is the life of souls. These two rays issued forth from the very depths of My tender mercy when My agonized heart was opened by a lance on the Cross. These rays shield souls from the wrath of My Father. Happy is the one who dwell in their shelter, for the just hand of God shall not lay hold of him. (Diary 299)

Not in the beauty of the color, nor of the brush, lies the greatness of this image , but in My grace. (Diary 313)

By means of this image I shall grant many graces to souls. It is to be a reminder of the demands of My mercy, because even the strongest faith is of no avail without works. (Diary 742)

"YOU will prepare the world for the final coming" (Jesus to Sr. Faustina, 1; 178)

The Divine Mercy Devotion and Message has been approved by the Roman Catholic Church. Sr. Faustina was recently canonised on April 30, 2000, on Mercy Sunday - Second Sunday of Easter. This message of hope, revealed to her by Our Lord Himself and promulgated by her during her life, has been an inspiration to many - including myself. It is hoped that everyone who reads the following words may be reminded that God's love is infinite. His life is given to all who seek it regardless of their sinfulness.

"From now on, the Second Sunday of Easter will be called Divine Mercy Sunday."

Pope John Paul, 2000

"Where, if not in the Divine Mercy, can the world find refuge and the light of hope? Believers understand that perfectly"

John Paul the Second, 21st April, 1993.

Should we follow this Jesus of the RCC?? NEVER!!
    What does our Bibles tell us?

Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
    Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,

This is the "First RCC jesus"...

ONLY CHRIST SAVES!

Divine Mercy Image

Diary of a Soul

18. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

A Picture speaks a thousand words?

[​IMG]

Only Christ Saves!

19. RTG

RTG New Member

"Is it idol worship to say the pledge of allegiance in front of a flag?"That's a good ?.

20. Pickerel

Pickerel New Member

I take it you mean a "god"? Do you ("Venerate, worship, adore) the flag? Does the flag promise to Save you, if you worship/venerate it?

The Bible tells us all Glory, Honour, Praise, belongs to Christ and Him ALONE, not any image(picture) statue etc...!

Who wants us to bow before statues and images...Christ? NEVER!

I for one will not follow this "christ" of rome...! :eek:

The Second "christ" of rome tomorrow...

Only Christ Saves!