1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catholics not accepted?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Fignar, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The issue is not whether you are a Christian, it's your use of deceit in putting that moniker under denomination after it wouldn't accept catholic. That is not justifiable, and quite frankly I would be surprised if you are still here by the end of the day. You blatantly violated a forum rule under the terms of service YOU agreed to when signing up.

Do you believe we are saved by grace through faith in Christ ALONE...or do you believe the sacraments are needed as well?

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's not a non issue if the owner of the board does not want catholics signing up and some do under deception. That's an issue.

3. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

For some on this board, they will accept you MIGHT be a Christian. But they will say it so DESPITE your being a member of the Catholic Church. Some will state when you hear the 'True Gospel' long enough, you will 'come out of her (the Great Whore of Bablylon').

Get ready for a long litany of Catholic objections: Mary, the saints, purgatory, indulgences, baptismal regeneration, the inquisition, the Eucharist, confessing to a priest, etc.

Let me give you a piece of advice. Don't respond to their laundry list all at once. Make them stick to one topic at a time. Tell them, 'I would love to respond to your other concerns but right now we are discussing 'X". Lets stay with that for now.

Know you are not alone on this board. There are more than a few of us are either Roman Catholic, Orthodox Catholics, Anglicans, Anglo-Catholics and even Baptist who know what the Catholic Church ACTUALLY teaches.

BTW, I was a Baptist before I joined the Baptist Board and as a result of following the discussions and serious reading of former Baptist pastors, Presbyterian, Lutherans etc. who converted to the Catholic church and much study of the Early Church Fathers eventually became Catholic. I only survived the BB bann because I was an Anglican when I joined and when it was discovered that I was (oh, no!) an actual Catholic, they let me stay as long as I did not proselytize.

Oh, BTW, many on this board claim that Catholics do not believe that Christ atonement on Calvary is sufficient to forgive all our sins. They try to use purgatory as 'proof' of this position. It is absurd, but it is what you have to look forward to. If you are on blood pressure medication, you might see your doctor about increasing the dose. LOL

Welcome, hope you get to stay. I would be interested in hearing your testimony.

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No problem, jus tlook for the guy sitting on Jesus' lap wearing a Star Trek uniform. That would be me :wavey:
    You make a good point, and I indeed think that Fignar should consult a moderator or admin, in private. If they say he can't stay, then he can't stay. If they let Fignar stay, then we should all accept their decision and shut up about it.

5. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hopefully you don't look anything like Q from the Q continum then I would worry about where I was

6. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And don't forget the nature and value of the Deposit.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not necessarily true. Some stay as missionaries within the church, some stay as spiritual infants, some stay due to the tradition, some stay due to the style of service, some stay due to family, etc.

That being said, my wife was born and raised RC, and when she came to Christ she couldn't run out of there fast enough. When one truly studies Scripture with an open heart, many doctrines of the RCC cannot be supported and go against Scripture.

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Heheh! Actually, the reason I chose that photo as my avatar is because I do indeed look like John Delancie, the actor who played Q.

9. Fignar

Fignar New Member

I will gladly leave, either by my own, if you do not want Catholics here, or if banned for putting Christian down instead of Catholic Christian. Catholic Christian would be what I would put, it is what I have on the Catholic forums.

I will contact an admin or moderator as well if that makes you feel better. I have no wish to bring disturbance to your boards, just a wish to bring understanding to us all, if at all possible.

Yes, I deleted your question from your quote, so that I could answer what seems to be the biggest question/issue you have.

10. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Yep, I was accused of signing up under deception. This person did not make a false statement. They ARE a Christian. If a Christian can join the board then they met the criteria. Many of a consider we are Christians first and we ATTEND a Catholic Church second.

Maybe the board needs to take another look at what they are worried about with Catholics posting. DHK, mentioned after it was brought up about the many people who became Catholics (I know of some in my area of the world) after following the threads on Catholicism on the board that He/she was sorry they were allowed to post here to begin with. Is that the fear!

I'm kinda waiting for not only Catholics to be banned but Catholic sympathizers to be banned. There are plenty of them on this board and they are severely criticized for taking up for Catholic position.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Being accused of deception is not the issue...he admitted as such. Are you aware of what "denomination" means?

12. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Actually, many become Catholic Evangelist. My sister was Baptist missionary before finding the truth in the Catholic Church. She and her husband spread the gospel all over the North American. Many conversions! Hardly 'infant' in the faith. She graduated from BIOLA, Talbot, etc. and her husband was a pastor of a LARGE Baptist Church.

I participate weekly in Catholic Evangelistic Retreats where sometimes hundreds repent and ask Jesus into their hearts and promise to follow Him as Savior and Lord.

When one TRULY studies the Bible with an OPEN HEART the doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church become clear that they are under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit!

13. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Sure, but does the Baptist Board? Do you know that Orthodox Christian also means Catholic? Any yet Orthodox Christians are allowed to post here.

14. Fignar

Fignar New Member

I won't comment on this further. I have written one of the moderators about it, and stated that if they wanted me to leave, I would gladly do so.

I apologize greatly for any amount of irritation this brings. I hope that it won't be an issue.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Can you state what this "truth" the RCC has that the Baptist church does not? "Conversions" to what, if you believe one is saved by gace alone through faith in Christ alone (what the Baptist church teaches)? That is immutable truth.
    Which doctrines did I miss in my reading of Scripture that are so clear?

#35 webdog, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
  16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Like you, they have been grandfathered in. I'm not sure how far that went back.

17. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

BTW, our parish is now conducting a class for people from other Christian denominations converting to the Catholic Church, about 70. The majority come from different Baptist 'organizations' and the reason they are giving (for the most part) is that from the many Catholic led bible classes offered throughout the city and parish they have come to find that the Catholic Church not only is scriptural but clearly traces itself to the time of apostles.

Their words, not mine. Please don't accuse me of proselytizing!

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I am amazed that at a Baptist board, the top 4 topics going right now is on Catholicism. Why is that?

19. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

And Webdog;

I am very happy that you and your wife have found Christ in the church you minister in and I believe Jesus is using you to reach the lost. Know my prayers are with you and that I am glad we serve the same risen Savior!

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How is that relevant? Many professing believers turn atheist. IMO, this only means that there are 70 people who are quite uninformed what the Bible teaches, been abused in a Baptist Church (many IFB churches are worse than RCC), or have been deceived.
    The CATHOLIC church goes back to the early church...the RCC does not. Huge difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.