1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Catholics, Protestants, Baptists

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Rebel, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Derek Flood uses the words of the ECF to totally refute the claim that they held to PSA. Those who insist that they did are reading 16th century error back into the early fathers, the same way that the papists read their errors back into the NT. You can't refute Flood, no matter how hard you try.

2. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Heresy is a departure from original doctrine. Therefore, PSA is heresy. So, based on that, all posts in favor of it should be deleted. But instead, my posts get deleted. But I will continue to uphold early church doctrine against all innovation, whether Catholic or Protestant.

3. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

So, how can anyone hold a heretical position and not be a heretic? Come on, Rev, at least be honest.

4. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well actually I did refute him simply by quoting from the very Church fathers that you and he claim support you.
    Why do you keep on peddling your nonsense? PSA is there in the Bible and many of the ECFs knew it.

5. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Scholars, 15 centuries of church history, the early church, and the scriptures disagree with you, which leaves you with the only ground to stand on being the Magisterial Reformers and Protestant Fundamentalists -- in other words, no ground at all, since the doctrine was invented 1500 years after Jesus Christ.

You show no evidence of even having read the Flood articles. What's wrong -- too lengthy for you? He uses those very Fathers that you so erroneously claim to support PSA to show that they did not in fact believe PSA. They couldn't have believed a doctrine that was unknown and untaught, that was not invented until the 16th century.

You are doing what your RC cousins do -- trying to read something back into the early churches, Fathers, and scriptures that is not there because you must do so to try and support a doctrine you insist is true, but isn't. You have to do this because your whole house-of-cards theology depends on it, just like the Roman system depends on their fallacious house-of-cards theology.

PSA and the false doctrine concerning what God requires to be saved go hand-in-hand, and so also a false teaching about Who God is, and His very nature. PSA is the most harmful, most abhorrent doctrine ever invented, and look who invented it -- a bunch of persecuting, state-churchists. What a wonderful bunch for Baptists to be following!

6. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

For those who want to know the truth of what I'm saying without delving into scholarly works, just do a web search on the doctrine. It's easy to find the facts about PSA, and other atonement theories that came a thousand years and much later, after the NT and early church.

7. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone wanting to know that Rebel doesn't know what he's talking about should go to post #41 on this thread where I gave three quotes from Church Fathers approving Penal Substitution. I have posted other quotes on various threads on this board. I can easily dig them out if anyone doesn't think three's enough.