1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Celebrating our commonalities

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

As soon as this thread runs its course, we'll all go back to debating and discussing our favorite causes. That's because this is a debate forum and that's what we do here. But it's also good to take time out to remind ourselves that we have a basis for fellowship. Go back to Skandelon's post #15 and refresh your memories.

This kind of thread also helps me remember to temper my rhetoric when I'm tempted to fire a few shots across the bow. I want to be sure that I don't say anything that will make me ashamed if any of us ever meet face to face.

Oh, I just remembered. I've been on some other threads this evening where some of us are already back to normal.

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I lurk more than I post. And when I do post, it is oftentimes sarcastic.
    BUT I put on my serious hat when someone asks a question about how to find a pastor or becoming a deacon or even preaching. The search for a pastor is difficult and tries the soul. I got some really good advice here and I pass my own experience to others.

That being said, I love all of you here, even though you are all wrong. I'll somehow find it in my heart to look past all of your foibles, silliness, and the fact that you are not correct about everything as I am. I'll learn to tolerate you all somehow. So far, the narcotics work best. :tonofbricks:

3. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

I appreciate Earth, Wind, and Fire, regularly changing his Avatar - it keeps me on my toes.

I appreciate Salty, he always brings up some interesting articles/polls.

I appreciate all the folks from Alabama - Auburn and Tide Fans, I like to see them go back and forth some, and look forward to the day when UT will whoop up on both of them again.:tongue3:

Seriously though, I love the quote from Augustine -"In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; and in all things, charity." I'm thankful to see a lot of love here despite differences of opinions. :thumbs:

#23 Thousand Hills, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2011
  4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

What I like most about you is your humility.

The second best thing is your patience with us.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Nicely done, all. Very edifying.

6. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

It's good to see a thread comparing the similarities and edifying the children of God. What we agree on is more important than what we disagree upon.

All we have to do is look around at all the "churches" out there in the world that preach another gospel, another "way", another Jesus. They are fooling many people into thinking their way is THE way.

The baptist faith needs to come together and stand steadfast in the truth. When it comes down to it, we are fighting for the truth that Jesus IS the risen savior and the ONLY way. Everything else is secondary.

David