1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cell Phone VRS Bible

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gerald285, Jun 22, 2007.

1. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cellphone?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?

What if we flipped through it several times a day?

What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?

What if we used it to receive messages from the text?

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

What if we gave it to our kids as gifts?

What if we used it when we traveled?

What if we used it in case of emergency?

This is something to make you go....hmm....where IS my Bible?

Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill. And no dropped calls!
    :thumbs:

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I've read something like that before and there is a lot of truth in it for sure. I don't think people should read their Bibles while driving though. :eek: :tongue3:

3. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

With all the new "cell phone" type gadgets available today, the Bible should already be available ~~ now if folks would only access it. My granddaughter and her husband gave me a "verse a day" with a brief commentary the other day, not much bigger than playing cards, all connected with a ring. I read my "verse a day" and commentary over morning coffee. It would be just as EZ to pop open the electronic gadget, shirt pocket size, for the same purpose. But I wouldn't want folks popping it open when behind the wheel (as Amy has wisely pointed out!!).

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That's a neat gadget DQ. My husband gave me an electronic Bible 2 years ago that's the size of an index card. I use it all the time mostly for finding verses quickly. It's like a super huge concordance in a tiny package.

But, wouldn't it be something if we saw people carrying Bibles with the faithfulness they carry their cell phones. I can honestly say that I use my Bible a lot more than my cell phone. :saint:

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, Gerald....now you are just meddlin'! :laugh:

Just kidding....good post! :thumbs:

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I want one!

You know, I can too. People wonder why I have a cell phone and finally give up and call me on the land line. ;)