Censoring Non-Cal Views

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by Van, May 1, 2016.

1. Van

Van
    Expand Collapse

Recently an Administrator asked me to stop "trolling" a violation of Rule 5. I had posted that Calvinists believe God predestines whatsoever comes to pass. I backed that up with a quote from Boettner. The Administrator also indicated that my views were "false."

If non-Cal views are to be considered trolling because numerous Cals complain, then this represents a significant change in policy.

Here is a mainstream position held by numerous baptists:

We deny that this atonement results in salvation without a person’s free response of repentance and faith. We deny that God imposes or withholds this atonement without respect to an act of the person’s free will. We deny that Christ died only for the sins of those who will be saved… We deny that any person is regenerated prior to or apart from hearing and responding to the Gospel.

Thus the statement denies "Limited Atonement." Would discussing that Limited Atonement is a mistaken view also be classified as trolling? Ditto for Unconditional Election. Ditto for Regeneration before Faith. At issue in the thread (Blaming God for Man's Sin) was the "T" of the Tulip, Total Spiritual Inability. My view is that fallen people have the ability to respond effectively to the gospel. A mainstream view. Yes I was charged with trolling.

Please allow non-Cal views to be posted and defended from scripture without of the claim of rule violations.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight
    Expand Collapse

On a related note I was wondering why the thread about God's will regarding Adam eating the fruit in the garden was closed?

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

3. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Hey Van, I'm posting this in fun:

trolling.png

Now as to your OP where has someone said God predestines all things that come to pass, and what do you mean by He predestines this?

I am not certain how showing what a group teaches is trolling, maybe there is more to this than what you see?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace
    Expand Collapse

I want to respond to a portion of Van's OP...

I agree with this. But seeing that faith and repentance are gifts from God, my view is the biblical view. See John 1:13, John 3:3, John 3:8, Romans 9:16, Ephesians 1:18, Romans 12:3, Hebrews 12:2...just for starters.

Man's will is not free. It is either bound by to Satan and sin or God and grace. Man's will...as unregenerate...is bent toward sin, self,.and Satan. The unregenerate posseses not the will or abilty to come to Christ apart from Him drawing them. John 6:44

Quite a bit of denying sound biblical teaching. Did Christ die for those angels who rebelled, are reserved in chains in darkness? Did He die for those who already were in hades pre-cross? If no, then the atonement is limited, even in your schema. Christ died for His sheep...John 10 & Ezekiel 34. He gave His life for the church, His bride...Ephesians 5:25.

No one is regenerated outside the clarion call of the gospel. However, it takes regeneration via God's Spirit through the clarion call of the gospel that causes them to be saved. Regeneration leads to, and is not, salvation. Ordo salutis my friend, ordo salutis.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

Can you link to the post you are speaking of?

6. Van

Van
    Expand Collapse