1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CERM is looking for new partners

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Bible John, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Thanks

Yes I want to learn, but in all honesty what my old pastor says differes from what you have said. He has said nothing of the sort and encourages my webiste.

But I do agree that it has some work and some ways to go and that I can learn from older people.

Thanks for your comments.

John

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is your pastor's job to encourage anything for the Lord that the believers in his church want to do. Sounds like he is doing his job well.:thumbs:

However, you asked for feedback on this thread. In my view, that means you should have given a humble response and a "thank you" to everyone who commented. I appreciate your gratitude in this post, but you have not done that with everyone.

That leaves this possibility. Don't answer on this thread or the BB, but look deep within yourself and ask yourself in the sight of the Lord whether or not you started this thread at least partly so that someone would praise your website. If this is true (and I don't say it is or it isn't, because only you can know that), you need to fix that attitude in order to grow in grace.

God bless.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

John,

I too, am puzzled by your request for review and comment, then getting defensive over the requested feedback, which IMO, has been excellent. Sure you were not just fishing for complements?

In any case, I would also change your "Published Articles" section title. These are not published articles, but letters to the editor you have had published. There is a big difference, and it makes your site seem less than honest, lending no credibility. If you want this to be a resource, you need more scholarly writing and perhaps solicit guest authors to contribute.

4. bapmom

bapmom New Member

oooh, guest authors sounds like a great idea. :praise: I bet you could find some BB members who are willing to put their name to an article or two.

5. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Re

And I have asked and would appreciate some help from others here.

John