1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Cev?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by annsni, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are showing a complete lack of integrity. Demonstrate,show,evidence support for your reckless charge. Do not just sinfully slander and then skip town.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Playing innocent won't work. It's not a matter of "having a different opinion." It is a matter of you smearing at will,and then running away from the perfectly reasonable request of furnishing just a single example of your serious charge.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    read the link, it explains it in fine detail misgivings with the Niv, especially the recent revised edition!

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are responsible for your own keystrokes,don't put it off on someone else. That's cowardly. Please document the reality of your accusations. I have asked you over and over again. You can't possibly misunderstand me. Do the right thing. Be responsible.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have taken you to the place where you can get answered, but when talking with you about any problems with the niv, its same as talking to KJVO!

Another scholar weighs in here!

www.bible-researcher.com/poythress.NIV2011.pdf ·

#65 Yeshua1, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
  6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The value of Marlowe is nearly worthles when he ends his review of the NIV with "a dubious representation of the Word of God."

Nevertheless he has nothing similiar to the absurd charge you will not even try to support. Take responsibilty for your own words. Try to be mature.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poythress doesn't even come near to the immature remark you still have not taken responsibility for. You are running out of options. Either admit you said something sinfully slanderous or continue in your old ways. Don't try and pawn it off on others.

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    it is a recognized fact that the revision in 2005 was made to address the concerns presented by "Evangelical Feminists' regarding how gender renderings were made in the 1984 version, why do you deny that?

Have you asked the Lutheryns and the SBC to apologise for 'slandering" the Niv 2011 also?

#68 Yeshua1, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
  9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So he is no good based upon his review of the niv, was that due to JUT his viewpoints regarding it?

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are absolutely wrong and really confused to the point of my telling you not to comment on the NIV until you check your facts. Even then you may be unwilling to admit your slanders.

All Lutherans are not the same. You probably don't even know about WELS at all. You could gain a well-needed education from them.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what all of this anger towards the truth regarding the 2011 revision made a mistake in going the gender route?

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You said the above on April 8. it was post # 22 as I have constantly said.

What you posted is a lie. You have not offered any proof whatsoever. You have not even given a solitary example. You have no shame.

13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The above is a lie as I have said before. You are not interested in telling the truth.

And you also are careless in your wording. No gender renderings have been in dispute with regard to the 1984 NIV.

All Lutherans are not the same as I pointed out to you before. The WELS denomination is in general favorably disposed to the NIV.

You are an individual that I can address here on this forum. The SBC statement has been dealt with ably elsewhere.

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    think that you will find that the liberal to moderate Christian churches have upheld the Niv 2011, while the conservative ones to a large degree have expressed reservations on its use of gender language, as compared to the 1984 edition!

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please rerspond specifically to what I said and your initial lie (not counting your add-ons) in post 22. You deflect at every opportunity. Meet this head on. Why are you being so evasive? Could it be that the truth is your enemy?

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the truth on this issue is that Niv 2011 took some liberties with the text in regards to how gender inclusive language was added into it, and there are many conservative christians who wished they would have left the 1984 alone!

17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Could you please honestly address what I said in post 72. Be honest. You still are running away from what you said in post 22. And you still persist in not giving even one proof of your wild claims.

18. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not "a recognized fact. You are really stockpiling lies one after another. You really need to take some does of truth serum. Document your sources for your wild assertions;or apologize.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    i alresdy have listed what the bible researcher reviews said, as did other scholar, the Lutheryn conservative branch, and the SBC!

Should I just keep listing?

20. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Waiting for you to answer me directly.