1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Change...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Goldie, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Goldie

Goldie New Member

The heathen will continue to rage. (Psalm 2). Our home-coming draws near.

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

We have gone from Bush, whom I consider to be a comically inept president, to a guy who worries me more than Bush.

Obama is spectaculary inexperienced, while also being an ultra-liberal. You mix those two poisions with Nancy Pelosi and it could signal the end of life as we know it in America.

Scary SCARY times ahead I'm afraid.

:godisgood:

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bush is not a true conservative.He did not evidence a belief in a smaller government.He didn't whip out his veto pen as much as he should have with all those spending plans (and tons of pork to boot!).

However,he has not been comically inept.Perhaps you watch and are influenced by comedians who have thrived on making President Bush into a clown just for laughs.(Although some have believed their own routines.)

I'm tired of all the excessive Bush-bashing over the years.He's a decent man with an impossible job.He is incredibly disciplined and patient.Can you imagine being under constant assault by so many and hardly ever responding in kind?

When Truman left the White House his approval rating was around the 20's.Now historians say he was about our 7th best President.In about a decade or so a more favorable view of George W.Bush may appear.

I wish him well for the remaining days of his Presidency.And may God bless him and his family for the rest of their lives.He deserves much more respect.

4. Goldie

Goldie New Member

Spoke like a true liberal, Rippon. Bush was comically inept, especially when he held the book upside down at the school he visited while 9/11 was taking place. He's also a member of the Skull & Crossbones? or whatever - it's a secretive group, just like the Freemasons.

I haven't watched any comedians emulating Bush either, so that cannot be the reason why I've been influenced. What I have watched is a man that did a lot of things to bring America that much closer to a NWO, and who is a war-monger. Did they ever find WMD in Iraq? No. Is there a lot of oil in Iraq? Yes. Is Bush tied to the big oil cartels and conglomerates? Yes.

**Insults removed by blackbird** You ,must realize people will have their varying opinions and not necessarily fall into what you categorize as right or acceptable. If I want to "bash" Bush, it's my prerogative, and if you want to promote Calvinism - it's your prerogative. And if you're tired of it all - hey, don't read or reply to it. It's that simple. Quite frankly, I don't care for much of what you have to say anyway.

So you're telling people now they must respect him. You go ahead and respect him, Rippon and try not to get upset by those who don't, okay?

Wow, you're comparing Truman's popularity to Bush? And how many years ago was that? News Flash : The world has changed a lot since then and Truman and Bush are two different people Popularity means zilch mainly because a lot of people CAN be wrong.

Is that your personal opinion, or can you supply some proof of this?

Anyway, this thread is about change and Obama, not about George.

And by the way - all of the above questions are rhetorical, so don't bother answering them as I don't want to hear more of the same ole, same ole.

#4 Goldie, Nov 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2008
  5. Goldie

Goldie New Member

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

No, our home coming has always been near. We do not know when it will happen. Thats why its called the imminent return of Christ. Just because a liberal was elected to be president does not necessarily signify the end of the US or the beginning of a NWO. We donĀ“t know what God is going to do in the near future. It could be another 2000 years before Christ returns in glory and righteousness.

What we do know as Christians is that we are to live in the light of His soon return, doing all for His glory.

7. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

And they said the same things under Clinton if I am not mistaken. All the doom and gloom is stupid. Live in the joy of Christ. Trust in the Sovereign God. things may take a difficult turn, but they may not. This should not effect our joy or faithfulness though.