1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Changes in the Doctrine of Redemption

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Askjo,

You have crossed the line again. You are a denyer of the Word of God. I fear for you as you are guilty, by your own words of denying the Scripture.

Bro Tony

[ October 12, 2004, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I'm not going to report his post, but he better hope the moderators are eating dinner about now. I've seen people banned for that statement.

3. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Stop your false words in my mouth! I am a defender of the inspired, preserved Word of God against any modern versions. MV defenders are denyers who say, "we believe God preserved His Word" instead of His WordS (Psalm 12:6-7 refer to the wordS, NOT people).

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Bro. Tony, just giving you support. You are correct. Askjo is crossing the line again.

5. Askjo

Askjo New Member

You asked to Plain ol' Ralph that question, but you said:
    The first thing that you asked the question which you violated the rules, is that you accuse me for my answer to your question. Your question is unnecessary to ask anyone like that.

6. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Then don't answer it. You did violate the BB rules as you have attacked the Word of God. You said that the NASB is not the Word of God. Stop trying to blame others for your sin. No one has put words in your mouth, you said it now either retract and repent or stand up for what you said.

Bro Tony

7. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

It's not the Bible I am afraid of or even the small differences. It's those who claim to be conservative who are practicing atheists. They don't witness and they don't disciple people. That is the majority sitting in the pews on Sunday.

There's the gospel according to Matthew.
    There's the gospel according to Mark.
    There's the gospel according to Luke.
    There's the gospel according to John and then there's the gospel according to you.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I must question why you addressed these comments to me? Do you think that I am a "practicing atheist?" Also, if these comments are addressed to me, what would make you think that my Christianity is confined to "sitting in the pews on Sunday?"
    </font>[/QUOTE]Terry, all I can say is "there you go again". Make yourself the victim. I see enough of that every day.

He was simply saying that the issue he described was a much more important issue to worry about than a few word changes that have YET to be proven to change doctrine.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I didn't address my questions to you, mind your own business! Let gb93433 speak for himself!

8. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

What is your problem Terry, this bulletin board allows for debate and anybody who is a member and abides by the rules may answer.

You seem to be getting awfully flustered. That kind of frustration can cause one to blow a gasket. We can debate without getting flustered.

I only got flustered earlier when Askjo said the NASB was not the Word of God. That is a very dangerous thing to hear.

Just lighten up a bit because people ARE going to disagree with you here and we have a right to post a response. That is the idea behind a board. As long as I stick to the rules, I have a right to respond. ;)

9. David J

David J New Member

So Askjo my NASB is not the Word of God?

&lt;personal attack deleted&gt; who follows the KJVO lie to the point that you attack a faithful translation of the Word of the Most High.

What's next Askjo? Can only the KJV save?

You can not show me one doctrine the NASB edits out etc... so you slander the Word of the Most High that my whole family uses for study, devotions, and church.

By the way Askjo back up yourt claims or admit that you told a lie.

[ October 12, 2004, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

10. Askjo

Askjo New Member

When I did not answer this question, they apparently think I am incapable to answer it. Isn't it?
    No, a poster should NOT ask us (KJVO) that question.
    Because the NASB contains the Word of God.

11. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

--------------------------------------------------

Semantics, to avoid facing what you said you believe. You clearly don't believe that the NASB is the Bible, The Word of God. Don't try to soften your heretical statement with it merely contains the Word of God. His question was clear and concise and your answer was clear and concise.'

Bro Tony

12. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Dogsbody asked:

Staying right in this verse, does anyone think the omission may affect someone’s interpretation of redemption?

Why would I want to "stay right in this verse"? That encourages poor interpretation.

13. David J

David J New Member

No, a poster should NOT ask us (KJVO) that question. Askjo

Typical KJVO tactic to lay the blame on someone else.

Why because you can not backup what you say with examples and scripture that says only the KJV and which KJV? How do you know the NASB is not the Word of God?

You slandered the Word of the Most High as found in the NASB. Now you want to slip and slide to get around the fact that you said the NASB is not the Word of God. You are very dishonest!

14. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Bro. Tony and David, I agree. I do not think the question is the problem. Why are we not allowed to ask a person how they believe about something?

Because we might hit the truth and the person has to either wiggle out of it or be honest, at the risk of breaking board rules?

When you continue to say that the KJV is the only word of God, then the only conclusion is that you believe the others are compromised. When you say that 4000 words are not correct in the NASB, then I am going to ask what you believe about the NASB. If you have a problem with that, then don't answer it.

Why should we NOT ask a KJVO that question?

You can ask me if I believe the KJV is the Word of God. For my answer, I will say an emphatic "yes".

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

With apologies to Dr Bob, the originator of this post - I am closing it on page 5 as it has degenerated into a KJV fight once again.