1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie Daniels to Obama!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

A lot of has been entertainers do things like this to get publicity. Daniels falls into this category. He has been irreverent in the music industry for years. Maybe he plans to write a book also! :laugh:

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have no idea what you are talking about. I suggest you research him before talking off the cuff like this.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Have you had an epiphany since the election? The tenor of your reports has moderated significantly!

4. OldRegular

Daniels is not one of my favorite entertainers but he is 100% correct in his letter to Obama!

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I admire an entrenpeneur as much as anyone I can think of, certainly more than politiicans. It takes a person with a vision, thick skin, a risk taker, and someone who can pull himself up by the bootstraps and start all over after failing. That is quite a person.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

<PA deleted - LE>.

#26 saturneptune, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
  7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I refuse to call the president silly, childish, and disrespectful names, but Mr Obama is a perfectly acceptable way to refer to the president. Even the supposedly far left ring NPR refer to the president as 'Mr' after the first reference in an article or story and has done the same since President Ford.

Now, if Mr Daniels intended it is a disrespectful manner he was wrong to do so.

#27 NaasPreacher (C4K), Dec 10, 2012
  8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You'd have to ask a liberal that question.:thumbs:

And some of you passed dislike a long time ago. You're downright in hatred territory and over what? The things of this world.

And what does Jesus clearing GOD's house have to do with the seeming to the point of hatred mood about a president's policies?

Christians been getting all worked up about politics that they ain't gonna have to worry about in heaven. Disagreeing is one thing, but folks know they are well past disagreeing. There's a lot of anger and unrighteously so.

Are you saying you're a Christian clothed in the full armor of God? If so, act like it and stop giving so much energy to the US economy and Obama as though either one is gonna affect your eternity.

It's money. It's stuff.

At some point, Scripture shows that it has to end so roll with it.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The tenor of my reports hasn't moderated at all. God has had HIS say about Christians yoking to that which is against Him. But in the same idolatrous fashion, we're now making the current President and what he's doing economically and socially into some sort of idol to be hated. If we spent half as much time sharing the Gospel as we did sharing our dislike of President Obama and everything Obama, somebody might get saved.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

C4K, I agree about the use of Mr. Obama. But let's be real here. It's really easy to tell when someone is doing something to be disrespectful. And it is obvious that was Charlie Daniel's intent.

It's like Neal Boortz saying he refuses to call him President Obama because he's not his President.

The loathing and dislike of the President by Daniels is evident. And not referring to him as President Obama seems to be a trend that's gaining ground from those who are enraged that he got a second term.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I would tend to agree, but the world cannot be held to the same standards as the church. We as Christians have a biblical responsibly to obey, pray for, and show respect to our political leaders. We cannot in reality hold the world to that standard.

One thing is for sure, Mr Daniels will sure increase sales to the folks who like him in the first place.

#31 NaasPreacher (C4K), Dec 10, 2012
  12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Charlie Daniels profess to be a Christian some time ago? I believe he did.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

If indeed he has I apologise for my assumption. If he is a believer he has every right in the world to he critical of the president's policies and practices. If the president is wrong it should be pointed out.

However there is no room for believers to be disrespectful to authority.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am reminded of those who are now "concerned" for a level of respect for Obama but said nothing about the rhetoric toward Bush. I have to wonder what is the difference.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Absolutely none. And I too remind people of how nasty their attitudes were and STILL are towards President Bush...and over politics.

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh there is a huge difference. Bush is a conservative for the most part. And it is then ok.

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I said the exact same things about President Bush. Like President Obama he was not a politician with whom I have much agreement, but refused to call him childish names and referred to him as 'the president' or 'President Bush.'

I don't even have a big problem with using 'Bush' or 'Obama' when used in a discussion.

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You said nothing.

19. OldRegular

One is a radical leftist democrat, the other is a moderately conservative Republican. There is a world of difference.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't think most people do. But again, you can tell when folks are trying to PURPOSELY be disrespectful.

I don't think folks realize that doing this emotes the same type of disrespect as one would generate in calling the President the "N" word.