1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chastened at the JSOC?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Lacy Evans, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well you are right about the kingdom being preached in the Gospels and in the rest of the NT.

You are wrong to think that saints are EXCLUDED from the Kingdom but are some place outside of the Kingdom of God - the King of the Universe - the sovereign of all creation -- saved but not in the Universe!!!

Your idea of inserting a division between God's sovereign domain and the place where the saints live - the place of the saved -- is totally bogus!

You do not give one single text in favor of it EXCEPT to show that in the Kingdom you can not be in open rebellion against God. Well that is true - but open rebellion against God is not "SAVED".

When you begin to deny the perseverance of the saints THEN you have to come up with "another gospel" about being saved OUTSIDE of the sovereign domain (Kingdom) of the LORD of the Universe.

In Christ,

Bob

2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hope -

In Matt 24 we are told "THIS GOSPEL of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world and then shall the end come".

In Matt 7 we are told that "those who DO the will of My Father will inherit the Kingdom".

In Matt 7 the OTHER CHOICE is "Depart from Me you doers of iniquity I never knew you".

That last group is the ALTERNATIVE to those who are saved into and under the "Gospel of the Kingdom" according to Christ.

Is this the "other Gospel" that you are looking for - the one where those whom Christ does not know salvifically, who are NOT the doers of His Father's well -- we are condemned by Christ in Matt 7 -- are STILL ok no matter what the Bible says?

In Christ,

Bob

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I think the main reason that these guys can't tell the difference between purgatory and ME is because they can't separate between Christ's kingdom and eternity. This is also why I can't tell the difference between Diggin's gospel of works salvation and the Catholic doctrine of works salvation. When someone tells me that people aren't saved because of their sins, or their works aren't good enough, that just shows me that that person doesn't know how to be saved. I may have to start a new thread entitled "what must I do to be saved". I know Bob Ryan believes in a works salvation, he openly admits it. I think its funny that others will agree with him against free grace and pretend like they don't teach works salvation.

4. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

And there go the slanderous lies again. James, I have never claimed a gospel of works salvation. I honestly do not know where you get that from. Oh yes I do, from the father of lies.

Quit your false accusations ablut me. LIAR.

5. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

You are telling me that you do not teach a works salvation?

Luke 13:1-5
    1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
    2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
    3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
    4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
    5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

I don't see anything in this passage about eternal salvation. I see repentance necessary in order to escape a temporal punishment. What does the word likewise mean?

No unsaved sinner can repent of his sins enough to be saved.

6. Diggin in da Word

The Psalmist wrote in Psalm 66:18...

If I regard iniquity in my heart the Lord will not hear me.

Seems to me the Psalmist knew more about receiving forgiveness for sin that you do.

The Philippian jailor in Acts 16 was certainly repentent before Paul and Silas telling him to 'Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ'.

A repentant heart is necessary whether you think it is or not. If you don't repent of your sins you are in when calling out to God for Salvation, your sinful heart is keeping those prayers from even reaching God's ears.

And since when is repentance defined as works anyway? Repentance is not works.

James, have you even repented of your sins, or is all your belief in your salvation in vain? If you never repented, God has never heard a single prayer from your lips according to God's Word.

7. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Do not fight.
    Do not cheat.
    Wash your hands before you eat.
    There is nothing quite as sweet-
    A message from the Lord

Be a friend.
    Say your prayers.
    Heaven loves a heart that cares.
    That is why I've come to share a message from the Lord.

And if you follow God's commands,
    there will be peace throughout the land.
    You will live long and happy lives...
    with your sheep - your kids - your wives.

Don't eat pigs
    Don't eat bats.
    Don't eat beetles, flies, or gnats.
    Stay away from all of that.
    A message from the Lord

Do what's right.
    Don't provoke.
    Put four tassels on your cloak.
    Do not laugh, it's not a joke.
    A message from the Lord

What must I do to be saved... Call out to God for salvation? Repent of my sins? Where did the Gospel go, brother?

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

John 11:25-26
    25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
    26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

8. Diggin in da Word

Except ye also repent, ye shall likewise perish.

9. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

You're like a broken record. What does likewise mean? Do the unrepentant unregenerate get a tower dropped on them for all eternity?

10. Diggin in da Word

maybe not have a tower dropped on them, but they will also perish, just as the others perished.

You know, the Holy Spirit just showed me something. In Matthew 7, when some stand before Jesus claiming to have prophesied in His name and cast out devils in His name and done many wonderful works in His name, Christ never knew them.

They never repented of their sins but still were preaching His Word. They just as the 18 who had the tower dropped on them... perished.

11. Diggin in da Word

The word 'likewise' in Luke 13:3 is not the same as the word 'likewise' found in 13:5.

In verse 3, it is the word 'hosautos' which means 'in like manner'

In verse 5, it is the word 'homoios' which means equally.

Jesus said Except they repent, they would equally perish.

12. Diggin in da Word

So, let's see....

Saved spending 1,000 years in hell,
    Repentance not necessary to obtain Salvation,
    One must have one's own righteousness along with Christ's in order to be a guest at the wedding feast.

What other false doctrines do you guys bring to the Baptist Board?

13. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

You are correct about Matthew 7, but you're going to draw the wrong conclusion as long as you keep insisting that works are required for eternal salvation. If you are not building upon the foundation of Christ's finished work, the whole building crumbles. If you want to repent of something, you should repent of dead works and have faith that God is able to save.

John 8:10-11
    10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
    11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Why doesn't it say "go and sin no more, and I won't condemn you either"? Because the forgiveness was not conditioned upon repentance. Neither is our forgiveness in regard to eternal salvation conditioned upon repentance, except perhaps for repentance from unbelief, or trying to be good enough.

Romans 5:8-10
    8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
    9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
    10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

God reconciled us to Him when we were enemies, while we were sinners. If you have been reconciled, by all means, work for the reward. But if you are working to try and prove that you have been reconciled, you need to stop, and rest in His finished work.

14. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Wow, that explained absolutely nothing.

15. Diggin in da Word

Paul knew the importance of repentance. In the verse above he told the Corinthian Church that 'godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation'. One had to be truly sorry for one's sin and to turn from that sin toward God if one was to ever experience salvation.

Paul preached the same Christ taught in Luke 13:3,5

'Except ye also repent, ya shall likewise perish.'

16. Diggin in da Word

Just further proves you are blinded to the truth.

17. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

How does this compare to:
    God allows every Christian to adorn the bride of His Son, no matter how spotted by the world they are...
    As long as they have some arbitrary measure of good works that proves they are saved...
    so one must have one's own righteousness along with Christ's in order to be saved eternally, but the kingdom is thrown in for free, like the prize in a happy meal. Buy your free gift of eternal salvation, get the reward of the kingdom for free.

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In this I agree with you. Nowhere in the New Testament does it teach that one must repent of their sins to be saved. That is a misconception about salvation. No man can repent of all their sins. They can't even remeber them all, much less repent of them all.
    Repentance is a change of mind--a change of attitude toward God with respect to His authority.
    Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.
    When I believe I repent or have a change of mind toward my sinful way of living. I repent toward God. I change my attitude in respect to God. The Holy Spirit directs my mind toward the things of God. Now I am willing to live for God, and say no to the things of the world, and sin. I have repented. I have changed direction. I once was going down a path of sin. Now I am going down a path of righteousness. That is repentance, and it comes at the same time as believing on the Lord. In fact I believe that it is part of believing on the name of the Lord.
    Nobody can repent of all their sins.
    DHK

20. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.