1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cheapest accredited theology course by mail?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by jprieto, Jul 6, 2011.

1. jprieto

jprieto New Member

which you recommend to be the cheapest (most affordable, or with lowest payment plans) theology degree course available by mail?

seeking one with acceptable accreditation, recognized by the majority of churches nationwide

I was told before Andersonville was not legit (or worthy)

which then?

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

As with most things in life, you get what you pay for. My advise is to find a school that will challenge you and give you the best education and then seek ways to get scholarships and financial aid for that institution. I doubt you will be happy or really fulfilled just trying to find the cheapest one you can.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I heard SATS was good.

4. mandym

mandym New Member

I do not believe that accredited schools do mail order anymore.

5. labaptist

labaptist Member
    Site Supporter

Global University might still do mail order but they are associated with the Assemblies of God. I think the University of London offers their Bachelor of Divinity degree through mail to but it's through a Catholic college.

6. PilgrimPastor

PilgrimPastor Member
    Site Supporter

Global is DETC accredited. I did a few credits with them early in my education and it was by mail (correspondence style learning). It was this way as recently as 2003. I don't know if they have gone to online yet, but I suspect it may at least be blended. They were good courses and fairly broad, even though they surely have a Charismatic emphasis.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not sure Global is the answer to the OP at 125 credit undergrad.

8. PilgrimPastor

PilgrimPastor Member
    Site Supporter

Maybe not, but it doesn't get much cheaper than that! If that is the price I bet they still are not completely online. I'm curious now, I may email them just to know...

9. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Louisiana Baptist University is $98 a course hour for mail classes or you can receive the workbook via email print them order books online or order the text book and have it sent, of course the books cost.
    Per LBU website:
    http://www.lbu.edu/financial.html

Others like Slidell charge a flat fee for the degree itself, such as $800 for an Associate in Theology. They send CD lessons from which you take notes with a sealed final. They have their pricing shown on the website:
    http://slidellbaptistseminary.org/FinancialPolicy.dsp

I looked at others too, online or distance learning is very advantageous to thsoe who can't afford to go to school and need to work and get an education. But most online or distance learning schools are not accredited by a state or regionally recognized agency.

#9 revmwc, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2011