1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Cheating Teachers

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Feb 2, 2014.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Whose evaluations are you referring to?

Are you referring to the students' evaluations, or are you referring to the teachers' evaluations, or are you referring to both the students and the teachers?

In any case, what specific recommendations do you have to offer?

As far back as 1982 (and probably even earlier than that year), recommendations after recommendations have been proposed to improve the academic performance of both students and teachers.

However, generally speaking, I would have to say that neither the academic performance of the students nor that of the ones who are supposed to be teaching the students have significantly improved.

Some studies have revealed that in some academic areas (most notably those in the areas of both mathematics and technical sciences), the academic performances of both of our nation's teachers and students over the last 50-60 years have either remained at approximately the same level over that time period, or, even worse, have actually declined at an alarming rate.

I do realize that each student or teacher is an individual and will invariably perform better in some subject areas and not so well in some others.

What concerns me the most is the trend by some so-called "academic achievement testing" organizations to "dumb down" many of the questions on their examinations. This has the effect of making these organizations' academic proficiency evaluations quite meaningless in some of the subject areas that are covered by the tests that they produce.

One of the reasons why some of these academic testing organizations do this "dumbing down" is that by making their tests easier, more school systems will buy these tests instead of some other tests that may be more difficult for the individual to correctly answer a majority of that test's questions.

(NOTE: Anyone who doesn't think this sort of thing doesn't happen is sorely mistaken! Publishers of academic achievement tests are first and foremost businesses. Businesses must operate on a profit-or-loss basis if they want to remain in business for very long. IOW, these test publishers seek to sell as many of their testing products to as many school systems as they possibly can.)

I would appreciate reading some specific recommendations that you folks might have that would help improve the academic performance(s) of both our nation's schools and of our schools' students.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They do not cheat because of the standards. They cheat because the evil is in their heart to do it.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Teacher evaluations.

Specific recommendation: Don't cheat.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Agedman, I see what you are saying now and mostly agree. The "inferior materials" wording threw me off in your first post and gave me an eye twitch. Nobody refers to kids as inferior materials, for ye are crunchy, and good with ketchup...:smilewinkgrin: