1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Check this out!

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by LadyEagle, Feb 13, 2006.

1. bapmom

bapmom New Member

then what about Christian bookstores? and why do we charge money for someone to buy a Bible? The T-shirts on that website are not my style, true....I prefer prettier shirts, not just black with a few words.....

but I also have no problem if a company wants to market to Christians by putting Bible verses on a T-shirt. I also don't see why it's a problem for a person starting their own business, to do so using things like this. They have a jewelry making business, so they offer things that might appeal to us. Id rather have my daughter wear a tasteful necklace with a cross on it, than to have her wearing alot of the things kids these days seem to be into otherwise.

We are allowed to put spiritual symbols or messages on things which we sell for money. "Being all about the money" is a thing we usually say to people when we feel as if they are trying to deceive us into getting money out of us. Obviously this website is selling their stuff, so obviously yeah, its partly about the money. But they have to make a living somehow.

With this logic you could say that no Christian anywhere should ever charge for anything they produce because they they would "be all about money."

2. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Ya mean heaven won't be all Baptists!!!???

:eek: :D ;)

3. Keith M

Keith M New Member

No, they're really Baptist and just don't know it, yet. </font>[/QUOTE]Wonder when they'll know for sure???

:confused: :D ;)

4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I could care less about the money aspect, I am totally focused on the message. It is confusing and spiritually disruptive to new believers and non-believers.

5. bapmom

bapmom New Member

wearing a T-shirt is spiritually disruptive to new believers?

Where do you get this idea? Especially if the T-shirt just says "John 3:16"?

Believe me, wearing a shirt or a chain is not how I witness to people, but I wouldnt think they'd disrupt anyone's belief system.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I dunno about that. Some shirts are in good taste. Some are absolutely repulsive. I personally don't care for most of this type of wear, but, on the topic of atttire alone, I don't have scriptural grounds to condemn a brother who wears such.

7. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    again, opinions and tastes weigh in. Johnv, you are right...no scriptural basis for condemnation here.

And My Pastor often mentions the non-Baptists in Heaven....he also says you can DROWN in a baptistry and still burn in hell if you don't have the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ's grace and mercy.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't worry about it. At the end of the day, it won't matter:

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

HankD