1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chicago: "351!"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 8, 2015.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In case you may be wondering, "351" is not a new area code in Chicago, but rather a record number for total number of shootings in Chicago during the month of September 2015.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/ct-ch...omicides-in-september-20151002-htmlstory.html

Maybe Obama should be making a quick "pit stop" in his hometown before he visits Roseburg, OR this Friday. It seems that his friends, neighbotrs and fellow Chicagoians could use a little of his gun contro rhetoric, too!

If you lived in Chicago right now, would you think strongly about moving somewhere else? Well, would you? :confused:

2. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

Wow that is scary! Something needs to be done about these incidents. Things just can't keep going this way. If I lived in Chicago yes I definitely would be moving somewhere that I knew my family would be safe. I couldn't live like that. Never knowing who is going to just shot you or a bunch of people for no reason whatsoever, just because! Things are out of control and measures need to be taken to protect the citizens of not only Chicago but of the entire USA.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, highly-restrictive gun control laws work...