1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chicago Bears lead NFC North

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Oct 31, 2005.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

As a long-suffering Bears fan, and really, is there any other kind of Bears fan [​IMG] , I'd like to extend a heartfelt thank you to Jeff Garcia and the Detroit Liedowns for the gift of the NFC North lead given in OT yesterday. [​IMG]

2. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :eek: It is scary to think that one team in that division is going to make the playoffs.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I am pretty excited about the Bears. Kyle Orton looks to be a good young QB. Now I just pray they do not blow it....

But it VERY good to see the Packers and Vikings at the bottom of the division!

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

[​IMG]

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Care to rethink this statement after the Bears beat up what most analysts thought was the best team in the NFC? [​IMG]

6. PastorSBC1303

That is the best the Bears have looked in a long time and it was against a good team. Maybe there is hope...

7. Brice

Brice New Member

That got one great defense. They made Jake look pretty bad out there, but Steve Smith still played well.

8. MikeinGhana

MikeinGhana New Member

"Am I in heaven?" (As I stumble through the corn fields) White Sox world champs. Bears in first place. What next, the Cubs break the curse? Don't pinch me, I like this dream.

I grew up on the extreme south side of Chicago. I was a Cubs fan because of the TV coverage. I am a die hard Chicago fan through and through and livin it large right now.

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Not only did the Bears win, but when I turned on SportsCenter this morning, my day got off to a good start when I saw that Brett Favre doing what he does best last night, throwing passes to the other team. [​IMG]

It was unfortunate that the Vikings were the beneficiary of such largesse. I was hoping for both of them to lose.

10. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Now that NASCAR season is over - maybe I can watch some sports!

I missed almost all of Baseball season because of NASCAR!

Dan - a pouting Bills fan!

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I watched every Nascar race this season, but I didn't miss any baseball because of it. I didn't watch any baseball, but I didn't miss it. :D

Who's your driver? My wife was pretty happy about Smoke winning the championship. I was very happy that the champion wasn't a driver for either Roush or Hendrick. [​IMG]

12. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

I'm a Jimmy Johnson fan - my wife is a Jeff Gordon fan!

Both Hendrick.

But I don't get upset if Carl Edwards or Kyle Busch wins - sorry about that - Roush and Hendrick!

13. MikeinGhana

MikeinGhana New Member

I cant watch any football here in Ghana. Are the Bears really good this year? Do they really have a legitimate shot? Give me my Chicago fix boys.

14. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

I wonder if the Bears defense is strong enough to take out the Colts?

15. PastorSBC1303

I think the way the Colts are playing they would find a way to get by the Bears defense. But I think it would be fun to watch, the best offense in the league against the best defense.

16. PastorSBC1303

Yes the Bears are legit this year. They looked great against the Panters this past week. The rap against the Bears so far has been that they have not played anybody good. But that is over since they dominated Carolina who was 7-2 coming into the game and had scored a bunch of points in most of their games.

Their defense is at the top of the league right now. They are flying around making big plays each week.

Their offense has struggled at times. But they have been able to run the ball with Thomas Jones and Kyle Orton just seems to know how to win. He looked the best he has all year against the Panthers and they have a pretty good defense.

If the season were to end right now the Bears would be the #2 seed in the NFC and get a first round bye. They are well ahead in their division and should make the playoffs and actually have a shot of making some noise with that defense. Home games in the playoffs with the cold and that defense will give them a chance. It should be fun.

17. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The Bears D-line is outstanding, Urlacher is playing tougher this year than he has since 2001, and the secondary is full of guys who fly around the field getting picks and knocking down touchdowns. The play in the Panthers end zone that took away a sure touchdown was a thing of beauty.

The Bears weakness is what it always is, the offense. However, they have an excellent O-line that dominated the vaunted Panthers D-line. They have a very good running game and one of the best receivers in the game in Muhsin Muhammad, a Pro Bowl receiver.

These Bears remind me of the 2000 Baltimore Ravens that won the Super Bowl with an awesome defense and serviceable offense. I think the Bears offense this season is better than the Ravens offense was that season. I'm not ready to make any kind of Super Bowl prediction yet, but the 99 Rams came out of nowhere to win it all. Why not the Bears?

18. MikeinGhana

MikeinGhana New Member

Music to my ears. Thanks guys. I am still reeling from the Bobby Douglas, Jack Concannon, Virgil something-or-other years. Payton was the classiest guy to ever wear a uniform. What a role model for young men (his on field life anyway).

19. PastorSBC1303

Another big win for the Bears, and this time on the road against a quality team.

20. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

As good as Simeon Rice was yesterday, Alex Brown was even better. Does Alex Brown conjure up memories of Richard Dent, or is that just me?

I'm concerned about the Bears offense, but then again, neither the Panthers nor the Bucs are exactly slouches on defense.

During the 3rd quarter, when the Bears executed a flawless 3rd down conversion, I told my son that this Bears team is pretty good. On that play, they just had a look about them that they really do know what they're doing out there, and I never got that feeling when Jauron was the coach.

The Bears have some very good players, and the coaches are putting those guys into the best possible position to excel. In other words, they're actually coaching them, something that I don't think was happening during the awful Wannstedt years, or under Dick Jauron. The best part of winning this year is that the Bears haven't had to have miraculous finishes, like in 2001, to win games.

Is it just me, or does the name Lovie just seem like it doesn't fit in with the tough guy image of the Chicago Bears? The guy is obviously tough to have a name like Lovie, but somehow, it seems strange that a guy named Lovie is coaching the Bears.