1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chick-fil-A manager had a shocking response when a homeless customer asked for free food

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Chick-fil-A manager had a shocking response when a homeless customer asked for free food

The story of a Chick-fil-A manager's act of kindness on Monday is going viral online.

According to a customer who posted the story to Facebook, a homeless man walked into a Tennessee Chick-fil-A and asked if they had any extra food. Instead of turning him away, the manager of the restaurant reportedly offered to pray with him and gave him a free meal. Customer Joey Mustain posted a photo of the two men on Facebook, with this account:

Post by JoeynKaren Mustain .
    Mustain wrote:

All I could pick up on of the conversation was the manager saying that he'd love to give him a full, warm meal — not just scraps or extras — and the only thing he required was that the man let him pray with him. ... As busy as they were, the manager stopped then and there, laid his hand on the man, and proceeded to pray. I heard love in that prayer.

Tens of thousands of people are sharing the story online and praising it in comments on Facebook. The post has been shared nearly 100,000 times in the last 24 hours.

Mustain wrote:

The homeless man wasn't some untouchable stain on business. He was the reason that store opened its doors this morning (or any morning). ... In a time when companies are trying to win in the market by neutralizing any possibility of offense, CFA is thriving because they unwaveringly cling to their principles and purpose.

We reached out to Chick-fil-A for comment and will update when we hear back.
    https://beta.finance.yahoo.com/news/chick-fil-manager-had-shocking-215556206.html

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I love CFA. My daughter's boyfriend used to work at Five Guys and when we finally got a CFA near us, he went over to see about a job and was hired on the spot. Within a week he was a manager and he said that it's been a wonderful job and he loves the people who work there. :) They have such a kind and loving way about them from the owner all the way down to the janitor and I think that really says a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1