1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Chick Tracts

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JonC, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

The thing is, as I said before, they are a supplement, not a solo venue. You can use tracts in addition to whatever you are doing currently. With this being said, there is absolutely no reason to be against leaving them places or handing them out to people. They aren't meant to be left somewhere so that the person who left it feels as if they've done their evangelism for the day/week.

I honestly don't understand anyone being against handing them out, or leaving them places. I do understand that the chance of someone getting saved as a result of me leaving a tract somewhere is small, but there is a chance. I've heard testimony to either that, or people finding a tract with a church address and coming to the church, hearing the gospel, and getting saved.

We should be using every available tool that we have to reach the lost. Tracts included.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is interesting. Is television evangelism (which also does not truly engage another person in communication) witnessing – or perhaps handing a bible to someone to read and leaving it at that? These cases are not without value although they are truly passive and they can probably be compared to some pamphlets in regards to the gospel message.

Ultimately it is only God who saves (regardless of the means). Perhaps we shouldn’t look at these tracts in terms of how well they are received but instead on how obedient the witness is in sharing the love of Christ with others through their efforts.